Need Help Identifying this Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosaj13

Reaction score
I am trying to identify the name of this rocket. I would like to get it into flying condition and that would require me to be able to see the original plans. I know that this rocket was made from the late 60’s –early 70’s. I don’t know the manufacture but I believe that it was either Centuri or Estes.
Thanks for your help

CIMG2760.jpg

Sue beat me by 1 minute while I was copy/pasting the web link.:(

I am trying to identify the name of this rocket. I would like to get it into flying condition and that would require me to be able to see the original plans. I know that this rocket was made from the late 60’s –early 70’s. I don’t know the manufacture but I believe that it was either Centuri or Estes.
Thanks for your help

As others have said, that's the Omega, one of my favorites. Here's mine :

omega.jpg

Thanks for your help

It looks like it just needs a nose cone. The original was a PNC-60AH but I believe it was molded in black plastic not white.

That nose cone is still being made and is available in some of the PNC-60 nose cone sets from Estes if you can find it.

If not it's also the same nose cone used for the Mean Machine and the new Der Red max.

If you want to make a Cineroc movie camera payload you can do it with a small keychain or "gum cam" camera and the balsa parts from SEMROC.

SEMROC also has a balsa version of the PNC-60AH cone under the part number BNC-60AH.

BTW I do have replacement decals which include the Cineroc decals.:D

That should just about cover anything you would need to fix it up except paint.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help i will be buying a new nose cone within the week. There is some damage to the body tube so it will take some time to fix that.

Thanks
J.I.

Boy, that brings back memories! I had one as a kid. I launched it once, on the D12-0/D12-7 combination. It was a flawless flight, but I never recovered the upper stage. I don't know how high it went, but it drifted horizontally out of sight. I never saw it come down. Very sad.

Jim

Back