Need help finding a 29mm motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svickrey

Reaction score
My friend has ordered a rocket kit that has 29 MMT. We want to use a reloadable motor we want it to fire G motors. The problem is we don't know where any complete motors kits are. We have been to websites that sell reloadable components but don't give you a clue as to what I need to order to have a 1 complete working reloadable motor. We have even gone as far as accidentally ordering a reload instead. It's a G64 reload. This is about the size we need.

Also we don't want a motor where reloads are limited or hard to find. Can you help us?

Well, if you're looking for hobby level mid power motors, you'll want the 29mm 40-120 casing. This is the preferred casing for midpower flyers. I have one, and I love it. This casing offers a variety of motors from E-G, including the G64 you mentioned. You can usually find this casing (which comes with the fore and aft closures you'll need, and that's all you'll need) at most online hobby shops. My favorites include Magnum and Great Lakes Hobbies , as they have some of the best prices around, and keep a good amount of stock on hand. Both of these sites should have some reloads for the casing as well. Good luck!

Loopy

Look for econojet single use motors first.

Don't jump and buy a reloadable motor without some prior experience using AP composit motors.

If all you have ever flown is Estes black powder motors you might want to start out a little slower.

Try the Aerotech F20 single use motors first. They are really loud!

FIRE, SMOKE, NOISE!

sandman

Reloads are certainly cheaper. Hang on to that G64-?W and when funds permit get yourself the 29-40/120 casing. The cost savings alone is pretty significant.

FYI, attached is a picture of one of my ships lifting off on a G64-4W. The oddball nosecone is actually a camera payload. This was its last flight before the camera payload drifted off into a Florida forest.

I guarantee you adrenaline rush will increase exponentially after you hear one of these motors go!

Back