Need help editing a picture

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Kitch

Reaction score
I finally got a digital camera and managed to take some decent launch pics. Unfortunately when I use the lowest resolution on my camera (VGA), the file size is still a little too big to meet the forum requirements. I believe I've figured out out to send an image but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to cut the pic down on my pc. I have opened it using Imaging, but the tool bars don't give me any accessable means to edit :confused: Please Help!

-Kitch

"One, Two, Five!!"

vjp

Reaction score
If you open the image in MS Paint, resize using the stretch/skew menu function so that the resulting long dimension is 700 pixels or less, then save as a JPG, the resulting image should be 100KB or less, suitable for posting to the forum.

astrowolf67

Reaction score
Did the camera come with any editing software? Most come with a 3rd party program, that has just the basics, but will allow you to resize, and export for web usage. The two digitals we've had, one came with a basic Adobe Photo Deluxe home edition, and the other came with Arcsoft Photo Suite. Both have their good and bad points. The best thing to do, is take what ever program you have, and play with it.

powderburner

Reaction score
Do you have access to software like Corel Photo-Paint? (I got a copy of PP8 on ebay for less than $10)
If you have Corel, you can open the .jpg file, click 'Image' in the top toolbar, scroll down to 'Resample' and then look in the window that opens (with the 'Resample' header). Play with the resolution, and play with scaling the image size; you will be surprised how easy it is to get the storage size reduced. Save your work as a new file name to preserve your original image, that way you can go back and try other ways to edit.

Kitch

Reaction score
Thank you all for the suggestions! vjp, I went with your MS paint tip and was able to trim the image down 20%. Thanks Again!

-Kitch

"One, Two, Five!!"