need help buying

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickcodybarrett

Reaction score
what is the highest flying rocket and motor that works together that you can buy off the internet. thanks

I'm guessing by 'you' we mean 'any random US-based adult' and 'buy off the internet' we mean 'purchase & fly with permission at an appropriate property, having no particular certification and requiring no hazmat fee'?

Did I guess wrong?

Sweet! So I'd recommend checking out your local hobby / craft store, first. Lots to actually look at and handle.

Some folks in a local-ish rocketry club would be a great resource, as well.

Because you probably don't want to go 2miles up right off the bat from a random park; good way to lose a rocket & bother the neighborhood :)

well I have an estes wild flyer and top shot. I've gotte up to 1100ft. how big a motor can a black brant ll 4" hold?

Apogee Aspire and F10

This is the answer ^^^.

Rocket and motor will cost you around $55 delivered (you buy it on the internet) You can also buy a "Mantis" launch pad and an "Interlock" controller from Apogee - about another $200 delivered.

Goes about a mile high. You will be able to see it for a few seconds when you launch it. It will go out of sight. Comes down on a streamer. With luck, you may get it back.

https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocket_Kits/Skill_Level_2_Kits/Aspire_Rocket_Kit

well I'm not certified, and I'm a u.s. adult. I'm not certified though.

Best answer is to find a local rocketry club and get connected with them. Look for a local NAR group or TRA prefecture. Introduce yourself, bring the rockets you have, fly them. Introduce yourself to the folks at the launch. I've never met a "bad" rocketeer... You'll certainly find people willing to help you find the best rocket and motor combination for your launch site. Best of luck to you, definitely stick around TRF and learn as much as you can!

I'm in FL right next to Cape Canaveral. I have a few rockets that go pretty high for sale. You can pick one out, PayPal me and I'll get it shipped ASAP. Email me and I'll send you some pictures and my PayPal address.

You know I hadn't really thought about it that much. Gonna have to give it a good stewing.

OP, did you disappear? I'm in a big warehouse literally right across the street from Cape Canaveral. If you're still interested in a rocket that will fly REALLY high, shoot me a message and I'll get my PayPal info to you. I'll even cut you a HUGE discount. Let me know before midnight preferably, I'm broke and I'd like to get a pizza delivered before they close.

I'd wager a 29mm Blackhawk run single deploy on a CTI G54 is going to take the cake here.

Flight would have to be on a near perfect wind condition type of day. Reguardless, I'd put money on it not coming back.

Yeah, only one I flew was perfect straight and on a windless day... Lost it but could still hear the motor hissing away into to blue!

2 months later we found it but the jolly logic was dead so I plugged it in and strangly after 3 days plugged in to my laptop it powered on!

It read 5276!!!! 4 ft shy of one mile!!

the Aspire will do it!

Back