Need glider kit for tribute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
Next month is our annual launch in the memory of a local club member that passed away about ten years ago. He was big into clusters and gliders (he still holds NAR duration record for "G" class). I'd like to build a (free flight!) glider to build/launch in his memory. Any ideas?

Got an Estes Gryphon, they are **tiny**. Might fly it. Got a Flat Cat - at least I have the glider, lost the booster. Also have an Estes "Scissor Wing Transport" without the engine pod. The Semrock "Swift" looks good.

Estes Soaring Eagle if you can find one, name seems fitting as well. Was the first rocket I ever launched in public and it flew perfect, thankfully.

Estes Soaring Eagle if you can find one, name seems fitting as well. Was the first rocket I ever launched in public and it flew perfect, thankfully.

Oh, yeah, got one of those, too. The stuff on the foam wings came off a long time ago. Don't know where the booster is...

Agree, the J&H Aerospace D-powered Windlance canard is great if you're looking for a larger glider. Mine put in a 4 minute 9 second duration on its inaugural flight. Or if you're looking for an even larger glider, you could consider the Edmonds Aerospace Ecee Thunder (OOP but I have traced templates) or DeeCee Thunder (templates on JimZ here: http://spacemodeling.org/jimz/edmonds_deecee_thunder.htm).

Rktman beat me to it,

was going to suggest any of the windlance's from J&H aerospace, they build very quickly and are proven gliders, practically fool proof design.

the D is a beast and will take more than an evening to build but it is quite awesome.

Estes Dragonfly....small but flies great if you can find one....

Back