Need a little help!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kandsrockets

Reaction score
Okay, I got the bug to upscale something just not sure what. So I am looking for some suggestions. Not like I need anymore projects but the upscale bug is biting hard. Keep this in mind it will be 4" dia and I would like to be able to use a 3" motor mount.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

One that is on my list is the "Estes Satellite Interceptor" but not sure I would do a 3" motor mount

I have yet to see someone do the Centuri UFO Invader. Nothing too custom or complicated on that one, but cool.

-Ken

Yes, that would allow the use of longer 3" motors.

A 2 stage would work too, just use one of those "soda can" motors and put motors and parachutes in the pod tubes.

while you are doing renegades, you can do this one..

but my suggestion....Mach-2 perfect for a 4" with 75mm mount... and its simple 3FNC

1271 renegade.gif

MACH-2 IMAGE.gif

So if you upscale a 1/16 scale rocket 400% doesn't that make it a 1/4 scale of the original? So why not find some dimensioned drawings of the real thing...

I like stickershock's idea. Any 4" rocket with a 3" motor mount is good thing.

Besides the 4" guideline, you sorta left this wide open. Are you looking for something to fly gently on a large G or small H or are you wanting to make a minimum diameter high speed, high altitude project?

Since you are going scratch built why not down scale an Honest John or something like that? It doesn't matter if someone else did it before if you want to do it.

Okay here is little more on what I am looking for as a upscale. No 4 or 3 FNCs, sorry they are just boring to me. I am looking for something a little different. No military rockets. I already have few of them in different sizes, plus I just gathered all the parts for a full scale Patriot and Exocet 40. This upscale needs to be able to handle a baby M motor so this has cut out a lot of things I was looking at. I am also looking for something that has been offered in a LPR kit (estes, centuri, flis kits, ect.).

Okay here is little more on what I am looking for as a upscale. No 4 or 3 FNCs, sorry they are just boring to me. I am looking for something a little different. No military rockets. I already have few of them in different sizes, plus I just gathered all the parts for a full scale Patriot and Exocet 40. This upscale needs to be able to handle a baby M motor so this has cut out a lot of things I was looking at. I am also looking for something that has been offered in a LPR kit (estes, centuri, flis kits, ect.).

Well then why didn't you say that in the first place..

Some of my favorites

ALCM Cruise missle image.gif

est1311@ laser torpedo.gif

neptune image.gif

You want a real challenge and a looker. Try one of these.....Jim Scarpine's Estes Swat or Aquarious [?]

These are 2 you seldom see done and got to be awesome builds.

Notice the originals sitting on the fin.

These are anything BUT 3fins and a NC!!!

_LLS1327.jpg

_LLS1328.jpg

_LLS4857.jpg

Last edited:
You want a real challenge and a looker. Try one of these.....Jim Scarpine's Estes Swat or Aquarious [?]

These are 2 you seldom see done and got to be awesome builds.

Notice the originals sitting on the fin.

HOW COOL IS THAT!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Jim, The "Estes Satellite Interceptor" is the same as the Swat but with different decals and paint color. This is still looking like the one we are going to build.

Well the decision is to build the Estes Satellite Interceptor. Since I have 2 of the orignal kits I opened the one that had damaged tubes in and sat down and did a rocsim file of it. I have already cut all tubes for this build and will glass the tubes this week. Hopefully my lumber order will get here this week and then I can start cutting out the fins and centering rings. I need to order a conical 5:1 nose cone yet. I will be doing a tailcone on this like the origal was. I will turn it out of basswood and then cover it with a layer of 4oz glass. I will incorperate the aeropack retainer into the tailcone. I will be having Mark at stickershock making the decals. I am sending him a set of the originals to work from so if anyone wants to build one he will have the decals for it. Once I have more going on this I will post a build thread.

I have never seen a Scimitar with a 4" motor....

I tried upscaling my 29mm Scimitar to 38mm..The results were not very good:confused: Looks nice, just flies like crud..Either the launch guide holes are slightly off or motor tube slightly canted, all it did was a crazy arc to a power prang.:(

Looking forward to seeing the build thread Scott! ;)

Back