Need a bit of 'puter help!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetra2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to set up my e-mail program, Microsoft Outlook Express 6, to read RMR through Usenet or whatever. Can some of you all help me through it?

Thanks,
Jason

open OE
Tools,Accounts,News TAB
Add Button ,News

Fill out the News Wizard with your specific information

IT will either download or ask you to download newsgroup descriptions, say yes, then search for rec.models.rockets and subscribe
I would recommend either using a fake or trash email address...

uhh, just as a notice, outlook express is one of the biggest security openings in msxp so make sure you get all the updates

Try a dedicated news reader app like Forte's Free Agent (https://www.forteinc.com/). It has plenty of features beyond what Outlook Express can offer. And like the name implies, it's free!

Also, you have Road Runner, don't you, jetra2? Check out https://help.rr.com/ for assistance in configuring your news reader...

HTH,

"Beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice."

-Yoda

The best way to configre IE or Microsoft Outlook for *anything* is to go into Control Panel, click on "Add/Remove Programs", and uninstall it... :p :p :D

just teasing...

...sorta... :D

Originally posted by jetra2
I'd like to set up my e-mail program, Microsoft Outlook Express 6, to read RMR through Usenet or whatever. Can some of you all help me through it?

I'm sorry to answer with something other than what you're asking for, but the people who are suggesting you use something else to access usenet are right. MS products are pretty unsafe, and you want to take one of them out in public. Not a good idea.

You don't even need a newsreader program anymore. You can access r.m.r via Google Groups. You have to register to be able to post, but it's free, and you only need to access it with your browser. Plus, Google Groups has the usenet archive. You can access around 10 years worth of r.m.r.

Down side to Google, no binaries.

Back