NCR Renegade-X?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
Is/was there such a thing? I've got one that says that's what it is, but I can't find any record of such a beast. Nice rocket. Interesting foam type nose cone. I just want to know if it's a real NCR bird.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
Is/was there such a thing? I've got one that says that's what it is, but I can't find any record of such a beast. Nice rocket. Interesting foam type nose cone. I just want to know if it's a real NCR bird.

No one here seemed to know, nor did anyone on r.m.r. I contacted the person I bought it from, and he sent me the instructions. It's definitely an NCR bird, copyright on the instructions is 1987. According to one of the long standing retailers, it was in the 1991 catalog, but not the 1992.

It took its maiden flight on an F20-4W last Saturday at the CATO launch. Beautiful straight boost and glide, altitude estmate from the instructions in 2,000+'. Eject at apogee, smooth descent on a 12" nylon x-chute. I am greatly impressed by this bird. AND, I've got the instructions; I can replicate it.

So I googled, and came up with this one pic that contains the Renegade X...I believe it is the one in front of the SA-14 Archer...it is long and slender.

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
So I googled, and came up with this one pic that contains the Renegade X...I believe it is the one in front of the SA-14 Archer...it is long and slender.

Looks about right. Hard to tell scale if you don't know the other birds. The Renegade is half an inch short of 4 feet long.

Back