NCR Phantom 4000 instructions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
Received an NCR Phantom 4000 awhile back and while the kit is open and complete, the instructions are missing. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the instructions.

Thank you

@Donaldsrockets

I can't help with the 'missing instructions'..

Just a heads up..IIRC ,,,That kit comes with a 25mm motor mount. Meaning that 29mm motors will not fit..switching it over to a 29mm mount is fairly easy..just takes some sanding of the centering rings..

Tony

@Donaldsrockets

I can't help with the 'missing instructions'..

Just a heads up..IIRC ,,,That kit comes with a 25mm motor mount. Meaning that 29mm motors will not fit..switching it over to a 29mm mount is fairly easy..just takes some sanding of the centering rings..

Tony

I think the motor tube has an inner diameter of 28.5mm. I recall that I was able to use Aerotech 29mm motors in it but might have had to peel off the label on single use ones. But replacing the motor tube with a standard 29mm motor should be straight-forward (or peeling a layer out from the inside of the motor tube).

Edit: Mine was the Estes version.

Edit: Although I got mine directly from Estes, I'm pretty sure it was the original NCR version with wooden centering rings.

I don't think I have the instructions any longer, but I think it is a fairly easy build.

I think the motor tube has an inner diameter of 28.5mm. I recall that I was able to use Aerotech 29mm motors in it but might have had to peel off the label on single use ones. But replacing the motor tube with a standard 29mm motor should be straight-forward (or peeling a layer out from the inside of the motor tube).

Edit: Mine was the Estes version.

Edit: Although I got mine directly from Estes, I'm pretty sure it was the original NCR version with wooden centering rings.

I don't think I have the instructions any longer, but I think it is a fairly easy build.
now that you say that..I think you're right..it's been 22 years..since my son built his.

Tony

now that you say that..I think you're right..it's been 22 years..since my son built his.

Tony
It was my first "big" rocket (after the "big" Omega, then the "big" The Shadow). I received it more than 20 years ago from Estes as a gift for my wife and I helping at a Make It and Take it session.

On one of its first flights, it came in ballistic. I repaired it by cutting about two inches from the top of the body tube. Although I realize the name is based on the rocket's diameter, I renamed it the "Phantom 3998."

I am sure I still have the rocket somewhere in my "Island of Misfit Toys" collection, but I don't think I kept the instructions.

I hope you weren't waiting for me to upload this before you build it. My apologies for the delay.

Attachments

• NCR Phantom 4000.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 4
Back