NCR Eliminator restore

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy3003

Reaction score
Just finished up a restore job on the first "big" (at the time) rocket I ever built. I originally built it in the early to mid 90's I'm guessing.
Replaced the original 28.5mm motor mount tube with a 29mm. Stripped and repainted to near original, didn't do the blue fins on two sides. Decals by stickershock.
Just a coat of wax and a buff and will be ready to go again.20210502_214457.jpg

Just finished up a restore job on the first "big" (at the time) rocket I ever built. I originally built it in the early to mid 90's I'm guessing.
Replaced the original 28.5mm motor mount tube with a 29mm. Stripped and repainted to near original, didn't do the blue fins on two sides. Decals by stickershock.
Just a coat of wax and a buff and will be ready to go again.View attachment 462629
This is nice !!!!! Great job

I actually forgot the story so I had to look it up. Here is part of the article:

North Coast Rocketry was subsequently purchased by Estes Industries' around 1995-1996 and served as Estes' mid/high power model rocketry division. The NCR motor technology was changed by Estes to the more industry-standard ammonium-perchlorate-based composite propellant. All Estes versions of the NCR models used DarkStar motors, which emitted a dark black smoke trail. These motors were made specifically for NCR rockets and were slightly smaller in diameter than their competitor's motors. The motor was unique in that it had a molded aft thrust ring on the motor.

Back