NCR Bomarc Instruction?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaportrail

Reaction score
My father-in-law brought down a bunch of rockets over the weekend to launch with the grand kids. Amongst mostly Estes stuff was a large box. Inside was a lot of vacuum formed parts, large tube, some hardware and balsa. I unfolded a plan sheet showing plans for a wing and stabilizers. The legend says North Coast Rocketry Bomarc.
My father-in-law then gave me the kit due to his having a physical ailment that prevents him being able to build rockets. Couldn't believe it. It looks fantastic. Did a cursory bit of research and am certainly wanting to build this thing.
It looks to have all the parts. Research suggests I will need to replace the motor mount for a standard 29mm. Not real keen on vacuum formed parts. I may change that during construction.
The big thing... No instructions! The only paperwork is the plans for the flying surfaces.
Would anyone please send a link to plans or be willing to scan me a copy? I'm particularly interested in position of the flying surfaces along the tube and the installation of the ramjets. As this progresses, I may augment the design based on my tastes, but I'd like to see what it was meant to look like first.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have built two. I may have the instructions. I will have to look. I do have one sealed in the box but I don't want to open it. Pm me your email address and will see if I can find them. I will scan and send if I can. The last one I built, I modified for 38mm and flew mostly on 3 grain I motors and occasionally on H motors . I finally shredded it after about 5 years on a 4 or 5 grain motor. Whether you decide to keep it 29 mm or not , extend the motor mount so that the nacelles attach through the wall to it. Also avoid using the tab on the nose cone and foam the nose cone ballast in place.

I found the instructions and templates . The templates would be hard to copy but if I understand you right you have them.

Thanks for the reply. PM sent. I probably will keep it 29mm, but will use a different tube and CRs. I also have some monocote was thinking of using on the wing/empennage and save weight.

So with your Bomarcs, did you also need ditch the vacuum-form for ply as I've read so many do. And does the kit contents hold up to HPR with only the pylon attachment modification?

Hey guys,
I also have a bomarc from north coast rocketry but no instruction . Can I get a copy from you guys. Don't have a problem paying for the postage or any other expense relating to subject. My email address is [email protected]. I do have the templelets.

Hey crew! I shredded my original NCR (rather spectacularly) 15 years ago after listening to the inner child and starting to lose the light with only that big motor left to fly the Bomarc with. I'd pay anybody for instructions and templates so I can clone this bad boy done right for HPR. I'd like to downsize one to 24mm and try to recreate the 'glide' mod that was optional and came with a few of the last production models. Not picky about price-originals or photocopies are fine, just need to be legible. I would guess the Estes version would do as well?. NCR deserved better-wish they were still around. PM me

My father-in-law brought down a bunch of rockets over the weekend to launch with the grand kids. Amongst mostly Estes stuff was a large box. Inside was a lot of vacuum formed parts, large tube, some hardware and balsa. I unfolded a plan sheet showing plans for a wing and stabilizers. The legend says North Coast Rocketry Bomarc.
My father-in-law then gave me the kit due to his having a physical ailment that prevents him being able to build rockets. Couldn't believe it. It looks fantastic. Did a cursory bit of research and am certainly wanting to build this thing.
It looks to have all the parts. Research suggests I will need to replace the motor mount for a standard 29mm. Not real keen on vacuum formed parts. I may change that during construction.
The big thing... No instructions! The only paperwork is the plans for the flying surfaces.
Would anyone please send a link to plans or be willing to scan me a copy? I'm particularly interested in position of the flying surfaces along the tube and the installation of the ramjets. As this progresses, I may augment the design based on my tastes, but I'd like to see what it was meant to look like first.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

I also have an NCR kit with no instructions, just the template that was handed down to me :(

Rey

I'd like to downsize one to 24mm and try to recreate the 'glide' mod that was optional and came with a few of the last production models. Not picky about price-originals or photocopies are fine, just need to be legible. I would guess the Estes version would do as well?.

For this in particular, using the Estes plans and upscaling would probably be a better option. You can start today with the plans from JimZ.

kj

Hey crew! I shredded my original NCR (rather spectacularly) 15 years ago after listening to the inner child and starting to lose the light with only that big motor left to fly the Bomarc with. I'd pay anybody for instructions and templates so I can clone this bad boy done right for HPR. I'd like to downsize one to 24mm and try to recreate the 'glide' mod that was optional and came with a few of the last production models. Not picky about price-originals or photocopies are fine, just need to be legible. I would guess the Estes version would do as well?. NCR deserved better-wish they were still around. PM me

As far as an easy 24mm powered gliding sport type Bomarc, please check out my older posts covering the Bomarc LV, which I posted over at YORF quite some time ago, or perhaps even here. That would suit you fine, and I'm itching for *someone else* to actually build/fly one of those.

I'm building a Mad Cow kit now- the instructions are very vague, be glad to make copies for you if it helps.
BomarK progress 1 - 25 - 14 primer.jpg

As far as an easy 24mm powered gliding sport type Bomarc, please check out my older posts covering the Bomarc LV, which I posted over at YORF quite some time ago, or perhaps even here. That would suit you fine, and I'm itching for *someone else* to actually build/fly one of those.
It would be a honour, Mike! You've been a hero of mine for a long time. Bomarc fever rules!

At fyrwrxz: I up scaled my Estes glider to a BT-60 version, using stock from my stash, Semroc bits, a rotary tool & my imagination. I adjusted my wing pattern & trimmed it with 1/2'' wide basswood to prevent ''warpage'', I could have used balsa too. It MUST fly from a 4' long rod & eats D12-3's. I need to swap my 3/16'' lugs for 1/4'' as the clubs I fly with have a hard time finding their 3/16''x4' rod at times. My next flight is going to be with an AT E12-3.

Last edited:
I found the instructions and templates . The templates would be hard to copy but if I understand you right you have them.

I'm glad I found this ancient thread! I recently unearthed an NCR Bomarc kit, and just like the original poster for this thread, I do not have the instructions for the NCR Bomarc. Do you still have a scan of them?

Thanks!
[email protected]

Back