• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold [NC] The Final Sale... everything must go

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the time has come. I don’t have time for rocketry anymore, and I’m finally moving out of the parents house. They have asked me to clean out my workshop. I’m keeping a few sentimental pieces, but a bunch of other stuff is going.

Rules:

> All reasonable offers accepted. Dont be afraid To make an offer.
> Local pickup will get priority. I can meet anytime before Saturday in the Apex/Cary NC area. OR, if you’re in Huntsville, AL, I can bring it down there when I move in.
>Bulk offers will receive priority. The more you want, the better chance you’ll have of getting a good deal.
> All items are in good but used shape, unless otherwise specified.
> Pictures with timestamps are available upon request.
> Motors and reloads are LOCAL pickup only, and will only sell to certified users.
> I’m ballparking these prices, if there’s a price thats unreasonably high, please let me know.

There will be a few freebies in here.

I‘ll be updating this thread throughout the day with more stuff I find.

To start, motor cases.

Pro38 3G: $25

Pro29 6G: $35

Pro29 3G and spacer: $20 (if you’re under 18, or have someone in mind who you think would like a free case, just cover shipping, I got this for free and I want to pass it on. Honor system please.)

Pro29 closure: $5 (Free if claimed with above deal).

AT HW sold for $75 + shipping.
x Red Dr Rocket 29/180 case and closures: $30
x Aerotech 29/240 case only: $60
x AT 24/40 gold case and closures, used twice: $40.

Several 29/24 and 38/29 cardboard adapters: free with purchase of any matching case, first come first served.o

Last edited:
RELOADS, all in original packaging unless otherwise specified. pickup in Apex area, or Huntsville AL.

Loki J350
CTI H410, ejection charge removed.
Loki I-316 sparky, no smoke grain
CTI G250, package opened but all parts present
2x Loki H90 Red
2X Loki H144
Loki H160
AT G64-10W
AT H123W-M
AT G77R-M, moved to a zip loc bag but all parts present.
2x AT H250G-M

Kosdon J280, in plastic bag.

SINGLE USE:
AT G300
D21

SOLD FOR $400

Last edited:
I kept on hoping I’d find time but I just don’t get the same thrill as I used to.

Maybe someday in the future.

It took me 30-40 years. Keep in touch and maybe the thrill will come back. It took kids of my own.

More cases:

Loki 38/240 full HW set w/ #16 nozzle, plugged forward closure.

AT 38/360 (currently loaded with SOMETHING, Not sure what. If you’re local, you get it)

Some homemade 38 cases and nozzles. see attached image. The 2 shorter ones have all grooves cut. The 2 longer ones are raw 6061-T6 aluminum tubing.

More motors:

AT L1090 (fits the 54/2800 case). grains are in static bag, o rings, nozzle, etc. are in ziploc bags. Liner is in protective sleeve.

1 LB 4F black powder. $15.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Parachutes: SOLD to ulexis

would prefer to sell all at once. Make an offer.

28” yellow
32” X form
60” white flare chute
40” red
54” orange x form
36” flare chute
60” purple and yellow w/ 10” spill hole (PML if I remember)
36” red
24” red and white
20” orange
20” red
18” military green

Shock cords: all from teddy at OneBadHawk.
2 20’ 2 loop
1 25’ 3 loop
These are used. One of them has a knot tied in it. $30 for all 3.

4x nomex shock cord protectors. 2 new, 2 used. $20 for all 4.

1 Zipper Ball (i do not remember what these are called, but it’s the nomex ball that you use to prevent zippers.

Attachments

• CA148568-D932-4831-95A9-036EFE235B59.jpeg
    CA148568-D932-4831-95A9-036EFE235B59.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 22
  • D697BD28-8331-4B79-B136-EF312C86A324.jpeg
    D697BD28-8331-4B79-B136-EF312C86A324.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 89B69F5C-5D15-466E-8FA3-4DCF7124BCA5.jpeg
    89B69F5C-5D15-466E-8FA3-4DCF7124BCA5.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Aero pack 98/75 adapter. Used. $30

2x 7.51-75mm centering rings
3x 3” FG bulkplates
1x 3” black FG BP.
1x 4” ply BP

1x 3” Estes 3” PNC

4 FG 3FNC kits, pretty sure they’re wildman jr’s or something from Rocketry Warehouse. All parts are here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 41
Not at all uncommon in this stage of your life.

You'll still have to come out and visit us at SLI next year!

-Kevin

Sales pending on all reloads, AT HW, Parachutes, low power supplies, and 1 FG kit.

Posts have been updated with what has been sold. I had a local sale get a bunch of it, but there's still a few things left.

Eggfinder TX/RX full setup, 925MHZ frequency.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 33
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I got my level 1 in 2001. Shortly after that, went to college. My son and I did some Estes rockets a few weeks back, and it started the bug again.

Hey y'all,

Sorry for the chaos, I'm still getting used to the layout of TRF.

At this point, these items have not been spoken for:

2x 7.51-75mm centering rings
3x 3” FG bulkplates
1x 3” black FG BP.
1x 4” ply BP
1x 3” Estes 3” PNC

Everything else is either sold or sold pending funds. For those who have paid, I'll get your stuff shipped out later today. For those who haven't gotten an invoice yet, sorry, I'm working on that currently.

As soon as I can find my altimeters I'll post those, some are already spoken for but I have some various odds and ends laying around.

Had a very similar experience about the same age almost 20 years ago midway through college, and once I got into the workforce, was traveling a lot and wasn’t sure where I’d end up so dumped the whole lot and gave what was left over to my kid brother... ended up digging up a box from my parents garage that got the attention of my two year old and that Got the 🔥 Going again.... best of luck in your future endeavors

Me too. I quit in the late 70s. Got married in 1990. Had a son. Started flying high power. He now has kids and we are still flying.

Sad to see you go Matt. I just moved out to college and brought basically all my rocket stuff with me. Does help that I am studying Aerospace Engineering and we have a field right here to fly at.

Matt, I can tell you it was a pleasure answering your questions and sending you some deals or freebies to support you. It’s hard for me to see somebody so young (relatively) give it up, but my hope is you’ll be back. Who knows, maybe I’ll still be around, lol! I’ve literally done this for 50+ years and have so much crap, I should start dumping it now, before the kids have to. I kinda feel like I (and maybe a few others here on TRF) ‘adopted’ you as our poster child of the next generation. So, WHEN you come back, look me up! Love ya like a son, best wishes in your future endeavors and stay safe out there, buddy!

Matt, keep me posted if you find any altimeters. Maybe a couple have fond memories if they were from me. be well!

Back