National Sport Launch 2012

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh awesome! Thanks guys! I'll definitely be sending an email. I planned on it anyway because I plan on joining before the july launch and have a couple questions.

Hey I see my Bertha next to the Celtic Thunder in those pictures.

Last edited:
While many flights were successful, some were not. Here is ground and onboard video of my PML Endeavor losing a fin in flight.
[video=youtube;Vkn7LY_5Rxw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkn7LY_5Rxw[/video]

Does anyone had any images or videos of Dennis Jurus' Humongous Big Daddy attempting to be a lawn dart? How big was the largest piece?

Hey, thanks a lot to everyone who made NSL a lot of fun. Especially Chris, the guy with the pickup who schlepped my Tomahawk around on Saturday. Never got his last name but he saved my life.

And thanks to Bayou Rat Rocketry, who got me one of their gadgets in time for me to tape it to the Tomahawk and give it a ride on a Contrail L1222 hybrid. I used the footage in this video:

https://youtu.be/hhqQpNSTknE

Doug Pratt

Thanks to everyone who came out to NSL-- flyers and vendors. And a huge thanks to Jim, Linda, Chris, Krista, Nat, Michelle and everyone else who put so much time into making this event a "go."

Now I know why Jim Flis' cake is so famous! We will have to convince you to come to NYPOWER next year (I promise to buy more MicroMaxx Crayons).

I'm looking for anyone who knows of any photographers that were there -- I'm searching for a launch pic of a specific rocket.

If you know of someone, or were there and may have what I'm after, please contact me privately.

Yes, there's a reason for it to be private -- I have a specific need for a surprise.

-Kevin

OK, Way late response to this thread.

I was there with all 3 sizes of my Mars Landers. Clone, 1.6X, and 2X. They all flew but my camera died and I got Zero pictures out of the whole meet.
Does anyone have Pics of my Mars Landers flying?
(update I got one picture, From NAR ! They had the 2X in the magazine coverage, but without any annotation)

Go to the mars website, marsclub.org, register for the forum there and post that question. I wouldn,t be suprised if our club photographer doesn,t have some.

Back