National puppy day... yesterday

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score

Man's best friend:

D2TZUU-WkAAG1oS.jpg

I really miss my rocket buddy. We are ready for another dog. Been almost 2yrs we had to let our boy go.
Miss having a dog around the place.

20171006_221424.jpg

My bo bo Bailey ,
After a long day chasing rabbits

I really miss my rocket buddy. We are ready for another dog. Been almost 2yrs we had to let our boy go.
Miss having a dog around the place.

My daughter "made" me stop at the Humane Society last week to sit for a while in the cat room where they keep cats that need socialization. You just sit in a rocking chair and let the cats come to you. But, since I have cats (or they have me as a human) I am more of a dog guy, I had to walk through the section and visit with all the doggos that need homes. Dude, you need to stop by and visit your local shelter/humane society/dog pound. There are friends there, some who are middle aged and older, who have been in homes their whole lives but were abandoned/surrendered because the owners moved away, moved into a nursing home, or died. You need them, and they need you. You just need to find each other.

Scotty

My own problem would be the desire to bring 'em all home with me and let my Employer Cat get used to it.
I left the USA in 2005, and in the process I had to leave my JRT TYLER behind with the promise that he would be shipped to the UK as soon as I was settled ......hmmpf !

My little fella was rehomed very shortly after my departure from IL. something which I will NEVER forgive my 'ever lovin' ex for, bless her forked tail and pitchfork !

My daughter "made" me stop at the Humane Society last week to sit for a while in the cat room where they keep cats that need socialization. You just sit in a rocking chair and let the cats come to you. But, since I have cats (or they have me as a human) I am more of a dog guy, I had to walk through the section and visit with all the doggos that need homes. Dude, you need to stop by and visit your local shelter/humane society/dog pound. There are friends there, some who are middle aged and older, who have been in homes their whole lives but were abandoned/surrendered because the owners moved away, moved into a nursing home, or died. You need them, and they need you. You just need to find each other.
I agree. We thought about adopting older dogs. It is so sad when an animal has lived many years with a family and then is abandoned. So sad indeed.

Back