Nashua,NH Hobbytown will offer Aerotech Motors.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
During Nemroc, I spent a lot of time talking to Gregory L. Faith about stocking Aerotech motors, and offered to sell them for him if he is unable to vend at our launches. During the launch Sunday, he saw what I meant when many people approached his table asking if he had any Aerotech motors. So he asked me to come up with a list of motors that I would like to see him carry. I got this e-mail today.

Hello Doug,

I placed an order for some of the items you would like for us to carry. Attached is the list that I was able to get ordered and I only ordered one of each. I do not have a whole lot of money to spend on these so we need to get them sold ASAP after they arrive so I can justify keeping them and re-ordering when they do get sold.

It is importatn that you know that I'm counting on you to put the WORD out that I carry these and will continue to do so. It is up to you to ensure we succeed.

Thanks,
Gregory L. Faith
Franchisee
Hobbytown USA
522 Amherst Street
Nashua, NH 03063
(603) 459-4427
www.hobbytown.com/nasnh
[email protected]

The motors he ordered are as follows:

D13-7W RLD KIT 18/3PC
D21-4 MOTOR BLUE THUNDER
D21-7 MOTOR BLUE THUNDER
E11-3J RELOAD KIT 24/40 3PC
E15-4W MTR WHITE L1TNG
E15-7W MOTOR WHITE L1GHTNINGG
E18-7W RLD KIT 3PC
LOADABLE 29MM LMS F20-4WL 2PC
LOADABLE 29MM LMS F20-7WL 2PC
RELOAD KIT F24-7W 3PC
F25-4W MOTOR WHITE LIGHTNING
F25-6W MOTOR WHITE LIGHTNING
F25-9W MOTOR WHITE LIGHTNING
F40-4W RLD KIT 29/40-120
F40-7W RELOAD KIT 29/40-120
G40-4W MTR WHITE L1TNG
G40-7W MTR WHITE L1TNG
G40-10W MTR WHITE L1TNG
G64-4W RELOAD ROCKET MOTORS
G64-7W RELOAD ROCKET MOTORS
G64-10W RELOAD ROCKET MOTORS
RELOAD 29MM RMS G71-4R
RELOAD 29MM RMS G71-7R
LOADABLE 29MM LMS G77 -4R L
LOADABLE 29MM LMS G77-7RL
LOADABLE 29MM LMS G79-4WL
LOADABLE 29MM LMS G79-7WL
G80-4T MTR BLUE THUNDER
G80 7T MTR BLUE THUNDER
G80 10T MTR BLUE THUNDER

I will keep a list of who wants what, first come first serve.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can get the Manassas VA Hobbytown USA to stock some Aerotech. Dropped a wad of change at one in Gainesville FL last fall that had someAerotech stuff. Even got one of those Aerotech Copperhead-igniter clippy thingies. Didn't do me any good last weekend though, I apparently had a Copperhead that was internally shorted (continuity but no fire). Replaced it with FirstFire Jr and launched first try.

I might print out your list and sneak up to our HTUSA later this week, after I've sounded out some of our members at tomorrow night's NOVAAR meeting. We do have one local shop (Hobby Hangar in Chantilly VA) that stocks some Aerotech SU and small RMS, but having another one close at hand can't be a bad thing, can it?

Doug,

that's great. Greg is good people. Just be sure you recognize that he is running a business and has to deal with thin margins himself.

It may also be wise to make sure he is aware that, being near the end of the rocketry season for us, that sales may be slowing down.

On the flip side, you need to post this information on the CMASS site as well (if you haven't already).

kewl
jim

Trust me, Greg is well aware of that. We been firing e-mails back and forth and he does realize that if they don't arrive before the launch, he will be stuck with them till spring. I am impressed that he is willing to take the risk. I really do hope this is worth the effort, and people take advantage of it. It will be nice to have a local vendor participate in launches and sell motors that we use.

The info was posted on CMASS :).

If he is selling those at CMASS launches with a price that is within a few dollars of what's available on the Internet, I would definitely buy from him. If he isn't going to attend launches, I wouldn't make the trip up to NH unless I really needed engines.

I hope he does decide to stock Aerotech. It would be nice to have someone local (New England) who stocks them.

If he is selling those at CMASS launches with a price that is within a few dollars of what's available on the Internet, I would definitely buy from him. If he isn't going to attend launches, I wouldn't make the trip up to NH unless I really needed engines.

I hope he does decide to stock Aerotech. It would be nice to have someone local (New England) who stocks them.

He plans to come to as many CMASS launches as he can. For future launches, if he can't make it, I will try to vend for him :).

I am not sure how much, if any, a discount he can offer. You see, those cheaper online vendors buy directly from the Manufacturers. Hobbytown has to pay the middle man (the distributor). Also, the distributor only sends them motors as haz-mat. does not matter if the motors are shippable via parcel post. So, some of the cost is paying the shipping.

It is true you can get the motors cheaper online, but its worth the extra buck or two for the convince of buying motors on sight.

that's AWESOME!!!! the one in plaistow stopped selling them i was so bummed. now i got a new source...w00t!!! i'll have to take a swing by. ;) thanks for doing that doug, maybe i should have you talk to the guy in plaistow. haha.

Nashua Hobbytown USA got the motors in! I got three e-mails from them so its confusing to tell if they got them all or partial order. They plan on being at the next CMASS launch :)

Hobbytown just informed me they got the entire order in. He does plan on attending the launch, but feel free to stop by the shop in nashua. I visited the shop over the weekend, and he has a lot of rocket goodies. Worth the trip :).

We've been looking into starting a hobbytown usa here. Can you carry products that "the typical HT USA" doesn't offer? That's one thing we're unclear on. Apparently they can since this one carries Aerotech.

Here are the motors that have not been purchased or claimed so far:

D21-7T
D13-7W
F25-4W
F25-6W
F25-9W
F40-7W
G40-4W
G40-7W
G40-10W
G64-4W
G64-10W
G79-7WL
G80-4T
G80-7T
G80-10T

We've been looking into starting a hobbytown usa here. Can you carry products that "the typical HT USA" doesn't offer? That's one thing we're unclear on. Apparently they can since this one carries Aerotech.

As I understand it (but you would have to check with one of the owners to verify), a new shop just opening must place their first order only from vendors on their "Qualified Vendors List".

After their initial order and store opening, they are free to order from other vendors (though I am sure there are some rules and restrictions that would still apply)

I don't know if Aerotech is on their QVL. I know that Estes and FlisKits are though.

jim

stopped in today, seems like that list has dwindled significantly...i grabbed the D21 and a sizzler for some lpr mach fun. haha.

I see Greg at HTUSA in Nashua a few times per month. With the flying season starting up he is hoping to move more of the composite motors that he was asked to carry. As expected, they didn't move much during the winter, but he needs to see some movement in them if he is to carry any more.

What he currently has in place are 1 each of the following:
D13-7W
D21-7
E11-3J
E15-7W
F25-6W
F25-9W
G40-4W
G40-10W
G80-10T

So, if you want this HTUSA to continue to carry such motors folks need to respond with their wallets :) Greg is planning to be at the launch on the 19th, so you can get them ahead of time, or wait till the launch. If you choose to wait till the launch, you may want to call him to have your name attached to a particular motor or it may be gone before the launch.

jim

I spoke with Greg this week and he has just ordered (and will receive shortly) the following:

D13-7W
D21-7
F25-4W
F25-6W
F25-9W
RELOAD 19mm RMS F40-4W
F40-7W RELOAD kit 29/40-120
G40-10W
G64-7W RELOAD
G80-10T
RMS Motor Case 24mm

Helping Greg move these items will assure that he keeps a good supply both in his store and at the field.

Greg was unable to attend this past CMASS launch as he suffered hacking of his eBay account and had to deal with *that* mess...

jim

Cool. I see some things on that list I'd be interested in purchasing. Do you know if he ordered the RMS 24/40 for someone in particular?

Shame to hear about the e-bay hack

Doug

Cool. I see some things on that list I'd be interested in purchasing. Do you know if he ordered the RMS 24/40 for someone in particular?

Shame to hear about the e-bay hack

Doug

Not a clue... give him a call and see.

Back