NASA Says Pence Was OK to Touch Hardware Despite Sign

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why he's not allowed to go anywhere without his wife, who he calls "mother". She's there to swat his hand!

Unfreakinbelievable.....lol...

Teddy

fe466802148d8297b703d08dad992162.jpg

I can imagine the staff meeting before the visit...

"We have a VIP group coming to tour the lab - any special precautions we should take?"

"Will they will suit up, including caps, masks, and booties?"

"Well.... No. That will spoil the photo op. Any other special precautions we should take?

" Yes. We should swap out the flight hardware for a test rig. We don't want to risk setting the schedule back by a year or more."

"Well... we want folks to see our work. The real thing. It will look good in the press..."

"I know what we can do. At a minimum, let's tape a stupid big "Do Not Touch" sign on the hardware. One that no one can miss."

"Good idea - go with it!"

"Critical spaceflight hardware". Like.... i seriously doubt that's a day to day NASA sign.

I bet he asked if it was OK to touch it. You don't slap a piece of tape and a hokey paper sign on something that is supposed to be kept clean or sterile or whatever.

I bet he asked if it was OK to touch it. You don't slap a piece of tape and a hokey paper sign on something that is supposed to be kept clean or sterile or whatever.

You're right the sign is obviously there for no apparent reason. It's like the idiot who just HAS to touch the "wet paint" sign on the park bench.

Come on guys this is so obviously a political post, give it a rest! The rest of the world is tired of the whole drama get over it and move on! Someone please lock this thread.

Come on guys this is so obviously a political post, give it a rest! The rest of the world is tired of the whole drama get over it and move on! Someone please lock this thread.

+1 amen!

If you lock it, pence is just gonna come post in it ;)

Can't agree more. This is getting really old.

Mike

This is a lot more about rockets and stupidity than politics. I get tired of political arguments, but this is just plain funny....

In North Korea, poking fun at the leaders is forbidden. Is the United States heading toward such a policy? I sure hope not.

This is not the first time that a vice president from either party has inserted his foot in his mouth, nor will it be the last. It's funny when they do and my reaction is laughter.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4482741/clinton-gore-monticello

As a self-admitted liberal (hailing from Pence's home state of Indiana, mind you) , I'd say that piece of "critical spaceflight hardware" is one of the least noteworthy supposedly untouchable things Pence and the GOP are putting their hands on lately.

Nonetheless, I can see the tweet now:

"Liberal elitists making fun of our good VP Mike. Trying to take spotlight from historic meeting with my great friend Vlad. So sad!!"

To be clear, it's a funny meme. I enjoy funny memes no matter who is the butt of the joke, whether I agree with them politically or not. And I'm actually glad our VP is visiting with NASA. While I don't hold out much hope for a coherent and workable long term space exploration funding policy from this administration, we haven't had a good policy from any of the last four or five (or more), so it wouldn't be a new fail...

Other helpful paper signs of negligible effectiveness for our Administration:

Nuclear launch button --- Do not press!

Private lady parts --- Do not grab!

Critical American ally --- Do not insult!

Dangerous foreign adversary --- Do not kowtow!

Traditional democratic norm --- Do not violate!

Random crazy idea --- Do not tweet!

Other helpful paper signs of negligible effectiveness for our Administration:

Nuclear launch button --- Do not press!

Private lady parts --- Do not grab!

Critical American ally --- Do not insult!

Dangerous foreign adversary --- Do not kowtow!

Traditional democratic norm --- Do not violate!

Random crazy idea --- Do not tweet!

Thirsty/this post = winner of the internet for at least a month.

s6

[FONT=&quot]Biden told Couric: “When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed.” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]There are several things wrong with that statement. First, the stock market crashed in 1929. FDR wasn’t the president; Herbert Hoover [/FONT]was[FONT=&quot]. He served as president from 1929 until 1933, when Roosevelt, who went on to be elected to the top office four times, was [/FONT]inaugurated to his first term[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Second, if FDR had been president in 1929 and wanted to make a public statement on the state of the economy, it likely wouldn’t have aired on television. Because no one had a television yet. The TV was [/FONT]introduced to the public[FONT=&quot] at the 1939 World’s Fair in New York, almost 10 years after the crash.[/FONT]

Getting old?! That's rich. Who had to put up with the same rhetoric for 8 years? Getting old? Unbelievable!

Getting old?! That's rich. Who had to put up with the same rhetoric for 8 years? Getting old? Unbelievable!

when you're crazy, do you know you're crazy, or think everyone else is?

[FONT="]Biden told Couric: “When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed.” [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#444444][FONT="]There are several things wrong with that statement. First, the stock market crashed in 1929. FDR wasn’t the president; Herbert Hoover [/FONT]was[FONT="]. He served as president from 1929 until 1933, when Roosevelt, who went on to be elected to the top office four times, was [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="https://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/fr32.html"]inaugurated to his first term[/URL][FONT="]. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#444444][FONT="]Second, if FDR had been president in 1929 and wanted to make a public statement on the state of the economy, it likely wouldn’t have aired on television. Because no one had a television yet. The TV was [/FONT]introduced to the public[FONT="] at the 1939 World’s Fair in New York, almost 10 years after the crash.[/FONT]

Details, details! :rant:

Joking about someone touching something that was clearly labelled "Do Not Touch" wasn't political. Anyone who just has to put their fingers in wet paint deserves to be mocked. And many of us have done exactly that, felt foolish for doing it, and would have been mocked our best friends as well as by our enemies.

But now this conversation has become a political argument so... we're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back