NARCON Goddard L-13 build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have enough time during NARCON but the next time we do NEMROC we need to have tours of Tony's apartment. He has one of everything and I don't mean in the package. They're all built and they all look beautiful.

Tony,

I was out of town and just caught up on this thread. Absolutely fantastic!

Steve

I definitely have to get me one of these at NARCON.

What's the length and diameter?

We don't have enough time during NARCON but the next time we do NEMROC we need to have tours of Tony's apartment. He has one of everything and I don't mean in the package. They're all built and they all look beautiful.
Thanks Bill.
Well... you didn't get a close look at a lot of them and they're not all beautiful. :rolleyes:

Tony,

I was out of town and just caught up on this thread. Absolutely fantastic!

Steve
Thanks Steve. :)

OK... just for Jim, some pics. :)

All silver, masked areas on the other side.
Masked and ready for the steal paint.
Painted steal.
See I told you not much to see. ;)

Unfortunately even after some testing I had some paint reaction with the steal. Will have to do some sanding and repainting. :rolleyes:

Sorry Tony... I gotta ask... Did you "steal" the paint, or did you paint it a "steel" color?:p;):D

As usual, a gorgeous build!

That might be the most beautiful rockets I have ever seen! I've saved all your pics as .jogs and plan to look at them often for inspiration.

Sorry Tony... I gotta ask... Did you "steal" the paint, or did you paint it a "steel" color?:p;):D
Oops... sometimes the the brain just doesn't register. :rolleyes:
As usual, a gorgeous build!
Thanks Scott. :)

That might be the most beautiful rockets I have ever seen! I've saved all your pics as .jogs and plan to look at them often for inspiration.
Thanks your too kind. :blush:

Tony, that is a fantastic job. Thanks for showing the work on the vanes. I might try to add those later. Or maybe I will build another one... :)
Learned a lot from my first build and from your notes above about the painting and details. My son Alan is now working on his "Nell" kit. Do you have a post on that build also?

Tony, that is a fantastic job. Thanks for showing the work on the vanes. I might try to add those later. Or maybe I will build another one... :)
Learned a lot from my first build and from your notes above about the painting and details. My son Alan is now working on his "Nell" kit. Do you have a post on that build also?

Thanks Robo.
The vanes aren't hard to build.
Although with the vanes it would be difficult to get the motor in and out and they would be susceptible to landing damage.
The trick on the kit is attaching them so they can be removed for flight.
Which I plan to do when I build my own. ;)

I see you found the Nell thread. :)

Back