NARCON Flis Kits Goddard Nell Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't stick like tape so I tape over the edges. It sticks real good to itself so any over lapping areas don't need tape.
This stuff is just used to cover large areas and complex shapes after I mask all the edges with tape.

Okay. I was hoping that it would be a miracle material that would keep me from screwing up the paint.

Okay. I was hoping that it would be a miracle material that would keep me from screwing up the paint.
That material does not exist... If it did, I would be right there with you in line to get some.

The miracle part is "talent" and I guess I'm a little short on that.

I've got the tubes wrapped with the Press N Seal. I decided to re-paint the upper section, it had some marks from all the handling. I'll paint the wrapped tubes and cone tomorrow.
Since this will never fly again I've cut out the shock core and will glue the nose cone on after all the painting is done.
I'd like to cut out the motor hook but I don't think I can do it without damaging the paper shroud so I'll leave it.

Nell repair 3 sm.jpg

Last edited:
All finished. :)

I think the Press N Seal worked real well.
It's hard to see in the pictures though. :rolleyes:

Nell ar 1 sm.jpg

Nell ar 2 sm.jpg

Nell ar 3 sm.jpg

Yea! Now we have to figure out how to get it to Clark U... :)

This and a pile of styrofoam peanuts.

image_handler.ashx

Great job on the Nell, too! We will definitely be looking over your post as Alan builds his Nell.
Thanks!

Back