NARCON 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHulk

Muscles and Rockets
Reaction score
Is anyone else going to register for NARCON Jan. 29th-31st? This year it is 100% online and seems interesting.

Many conventions went virtual. My wife was coordinating one for her nonprofit employer. They reduced the price but made more money off the convention because of the increase in attendees. I bet many conventions will use a blended approach. This requires more overhead for the virtual attendees but will make up for it in sales.

I don't normally go for virtual conferences, with so much stuff being virtual the last year, but this is one I'm definitely attending. The lineup looks great!

AFAIK, NAR membership is never a requirement to attend NARCON.

I think the vendor forum alone is worth the price of attending a NARCON. And it seems unlikely that physical tours of Estes will be easily available. Take advantage of the virtual tour while you can. And the vendor room at a physical NARCON is always a treat. So take advantage of this virtual opportunity to see if you like them. I warn you that NARCON can be addictive...

Was the manufacturer’s forum tonight? Is there anything cool to report?

I would love to have attended this year when it’s so convenient, but I’m in the middle of exam season. I can’t give up a whole weekend of studying.

BAM, good news in the hobby.

The Osiris-Rex talk was informative (though beset by tech difficulties)

LOC is developing new fancier small kits and investigating making larger versions
Cosmic vests is still around
Franke Burke has lots of kits to sell (and a neat Buran glider!)
NC has some new scale offerings (flavors range from average to expensive)
Estes has new kits coming to Hobby Lobby (a set of 8), an upcoming Orb Transport variant, future C5-0 and development of higher thrust motors!
Apogee has another feature to add to RS pro
ASP gave an overview of their Aerobee 150 and display options
IMPLS launch supplies is rolling out high power controller setups (1, 3, and 5 pad banks I think?) and what looks like a good TARC suitable rail pad.
Aerotech talked about their new Classic propellant Enerjets, G8 and G12 motor certifications, and 24mm White Lightning Q-jets! (with possibilities of black max and blue thunder variants if feasible!)

I have almost certainly left something out or misstated something, but no fear! The forum will be along to correct it shortly

Bill Stine from Estes stated that the new Designer Series ANTAR and the upsized Mars Snooper are both “on the water” - so on a container ship headed east from China.

And to watch the tour of Estes on Sunday - whatever rocket it is he drops is a big hint about which licensed kit is coming...I’m betting it’s a SpaceX rocket...

Last edited:
BAM, good news in the hobby.

The Osiris-Rex talk was informative (though beset by tech difficulties)

LOC is developing new fancier small kits and investigating making larger versions
Cosmic vests is still around
Franke Burke has lots of kits to sell (and a neat Buran glider!)
NC has some new scale offerings (flavors range from average to expensive)
Estes has new kits coming to Hobby Lobby (a set of 8), an upcoming Orb Transport variant, future C5-0 and development of higher thrust motors!
Apogee has another feature to add to RS pro
ASP gave an overview of their Aerobee 150 and display options
IMPLS launch supplies is rolling out high power controller setups (1, 3, and 5 pad banks I think?) and what looks like a good TARC suitable rail pad.
Aerotech talked about their new Classic propellant Enerjets, G8 and G12 motor certifications, and 24mm White Lightning Q-jets! (with possibilities of black max and blue thunder variants if feasible!)

I have almost certainly left something out or misstated something, but no fear! The forum will be along to correct it shortly
Frank Burke has some of the most amazing looking kits. I always want to get some of them, but I have no RC experience. I know it will end in complete disaster.

Frank Burke has some of the most amazing looking kits. I always want to get some of them, but I have no RC experience. I know it will end in complete disaster.
I’m hip - I’ve stopped asking him if any of his stuff can be modded into non-R/C static fliers - he always says no 😓

Quest is bringing back the Icarus - 24mm powered with 18mm adapter included. I’m a sucker for 35mm/1.3”-ish diameter rockets, especially with payload sections. The other two new Quest kits are 30mm diameter and have plastic fin cans but if I heard correctly are also 24/18mm powered.

I’m hip - I’ve stopped asking him if any of his stuff can be modded into non-R/C static fliers - he always says no 😓
I‘d be all over these kits if they were static (or if I could fly RC). If I had more free time, I’d try to learn. Maybe in 25 years when I retire. 😂

Last edited:
My kindergartener just told me this joke last week with a different setup. Nice to know where you get your material from.

No kids here thankfully. I heard that one a couple years ago (probably on facebook), and it popped up in a different thread here just in the last couple days. It was fresh in mind

Sounds like the mods had access to the bigger screens. I hope they were able to make a recording for YouTube so we can see the products better.

I also hope I can see a video of the LOC presentation so I can figure out what they were saying half the time. Those sci-fi kits he made were amazing.

I saw a brief glimpse of erockets but missed the presentation somehow. I was impressed with the IMPLS presentation. I think he'll get a lot of orders from that.

Back