NARCON 2010

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully a lot of people will do both. We think we've got a really good event planned. There will be more details by this weekend when the registration part of the website is turned on.

And weather permitting there will be a model rocket launch commemorating the 84th anniversary of Goddard's first liquid fueled rocket at the original launch site in Auburn on Sunday afternoon.

Bob

Me. Planning to attend and exhibit again.

Chomping at the bit, this one is shaping up to a must attend event.

Although it's still way too soon (for me anyway) to make any firm plans, I do expect that I will be attending NARCON 2010. It will be my second ever national convention, and also my second in a row.

MarkII

I have SATs saturday morning :mad:

Fortunately, it's only an hour away, so i'll be up there saturday afternoon and maybe sunday. Plus, I'll have my licence by then :D

March 12 is my birthday, so this'll be a nice birthday treat :)

Unbelievable- a rocketry event scheduled on a weekend that I am off! I believe I will drive up for that.

And weather permitting there will be a model rocket launch commemorating the 84th anniversary of Goddard's first liquid fueled rocket at the original launch site in Auburn on Sunday afternoon.

Any chance of this, and the tour, being moved to Saturday afternoon for those of us that have to catch flights out on Sunday?

Any chance of this, and the tour, being moved to Saturday afternoon for those of us that have to catch flights out on Sunday?

Saturday will be a very full day so there's no chance of moving the launch. The Goddard exhibit is in the library so assuming it's open on Saturday (it's spring break at Clark so we need to make sure it will be open) you can walk through it on your own at any time.

Troy

Just to follow up on what Bill said, there are a number of requirements for NARCON.

First, and foremost, NARCON is a convention, not a launch event.

Second, NARCON is held in March which is a transition month, frequently with stormy weather in many parts of the country.

Due to the unique venue of NARCON 2010, Clark University, home of Dr. Robert Goddard, the father of American rocketry, we couldn't resist the opportunity to arrange a launch to commemorate the 84th anniversary of the world's first successful liquid fueled rocket flight at the original launch site which is located 4 miles from the Clark campus.

https://www.cmass.org/images/fbfiles/files/goddard_national_historic_landmark_brochure.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goddard_Rocket_Launching_Site

https://www.aiaa.org/Participate/Uploads/01-0451%20HAS%20Goddard%20broch.pdf

Because the primary purpose of NARCON is a convention, and with the uncertainty of the weather, we had really no option but to schedule the launch on Sunday afternoon after the official convention was over.

Bob Krech
NARCON 2010 Presentation Coordinator

I'm hoping to get up there. Maybe go up with somebody. Share a hotel room. Anyone from CT going?

Back