NARCON 2009

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on going at least a couple of days. Since it will only be a little over a 1 hour drive for me, I'm not going to bother to stay over.

Al Gloer of CATO has been having a heck of a time with regard to the web site. He has posted a lot of good info on Rocketry Planet and I have reproduced it on the FlisKits web site. You can view it by clicking this link.

Kathy and I will be there Friday afternoon for the whole event. Hoping to have a few new releases there as well :)

Semroc will be there! We are looking forward to it and will have several surprises as well.

Jim, save us a place and leave the cold weather back in New Hampshire!

Last edited:
Al Gloer of CATO has been having a heck of a time with regard to the web site. He has posted a lot of good info on Rocketry Planet and I have reproduced it on the FlisKits web site. You can view it by clicking this link.

Kathy and I will be there Friday afternoon for the whole event. Hoping to have a few new releases there as well :)

Thanks for that link Jim it's a big help - By doing a yahoo search I found this link for the hotel
https://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/RHLCTHX-NAR-20090320/index.jhtml

I had thought about going but it's quite a distance to travel and I was wondering what the seminar topics would be.

At this point, it appears that they are still pulling those details together. Hmm, not looking good.

I'm planning to attend. We also hope to make a significant product announcement at NARCON.

I'm tentatively planning on going. It's a long expensive trip and I just realized that it starts the same day as the Battlestar Galactica finale! Must find a hotel that has the sci fi channel.

I had thought about going but it's quite a distance to travel and I was wondering what the seminar topics would be.

At this point, it appears that they are still pulling those details together. Hmm, not looking good.

Don't let that discourage you. I've seen many events where planning was still going on right until the last minute. Some people seem to work better under pressure.

I'm planning on being there (and potentially presenting... oy!).

Am there with two presentations and freebies for my classes.

1) Aerospace Careers: How to make your passion a reality, using hobbies

2) Convincing Local Authorities to Let You Fly: Securing Fields (based on my experiences in going before the Mayor, City Council, Parks Superintendent, & Police Department in a special session).

This was sent out by Al Gloer earlier today (you can get seminar topic details here):

While the actual site is being loaded you can share this. I've not exercised everything and am not sure everything works as planned. Online registration, link fixes, and some content updates are forthcoming.

https://www.catorockets.org/NARCON2009/index.htm

The actual site is www.narcon2009.org

Thanx

Al

You definately want to go to the Sunday Dumpster Diving seminar. Brian is a great guy, and is certifiable.

Genius or lunatic, the jury is still out on that one.

:D

Bob

Don't let that discourage you. I've seen many events where planning was still going on right until the last minute. Some people seem to work better under pressure.

as a vendor, so have I. most often they end badly.

but I've got faith in Al and company!

the website is up and running as of this afternoon. schedule seams light in the mornings. and there's like 3 things i want to go to at 3 on saturday :rolleyes:

as a vendor, so have I. most often they end badly.
Fortunately I've had the opposite experience.

but I've got faith in Al and company!
Me too. I have no doubt it's going to be a great event.

the website is up and running as of this afternoon. schedule seams light in the mornings. and there's like 3 things i want to go to at 3 on saturday :rolleyes:
There's one Saturday morning that I really want to attend that's running at exactly the same time as a presentation that I'm part of. I wonder if they'll notice if I sneak out.

Anyone up for a TRF dinner on Friday or Saturday night, if not both?

Hey

Thanks for all the support guys

Yes the official web site is up

WWW.NARCON2009.ORG

I'll have online registration in gear just as soon as I figure out how. If there is an expert here with web pages and Paypal shopping carts I could use the help.

Make sure you read the FAQ and the history of the lighthouse. I'm reasonably proud of this one.

I'll be there and looking foward to seeing everyone. There will be a L3CC gathering for a meal, don't know which quite yet. If you thinking about making a L3 certification flight a goal for yourself in 2009 you're welcome to join us to discuss your project.

John Lyngdal
NAR Trustee

I'm debating bringing the youngsters-almost 6 & 9. Don't know if the sessions will be appropriate for them.

Jon...
I can't speak for the NARCON 2009 planners at to what they may or may not be planning, but here's a few things that we did to keep the younger attendees busy at NARCONs 2007 and 2008:

Make-it/Take-it: They each got to build a free Quest kit (graciously donated by Quest) at their own pace, and some even flew theirs later in the day at our sport launch.
Kid's Pack Activity Book: We put together a booklet that contained coloring pages, word searches, hangman and other puzzles and games.
Kids Only Grand Prize Door Prize: We had a special door prize (graciously donated by Hub Hobby) that was only available for kids. It included a huge host of kits and building supplies.

For the older kids, one of our sessions was "Junior High Power Certification" that was even put on by one of our club's junior rocketeers that has a Junior Level 1 Certification. However, besides that one, the rest of the sessions were admittadly pretty much geared towards adults, so I totally understand the debate you are going through.

Additionally, we were fortunate that the host hotel where most people stayed and where we held the convention also had an indoor pool.

Jon...
I can't speak for the NARCON 2009 planners at to what they may or may not be planning, but here's a few things that we did to keep the younger attendees busy at NARCONs 2007 and 2008:

Make-it/Take-it: They each got to build a free Quest kit (graciously donated by Quest) at their own pace, and some even flew theirs later in the day at our sport launch.
Kid's Pack Activity Book: We put together a booklet that contained coloring pages, word searches, hangman and other puzzles and games.
Kids Only Grand Prize Door Prize: We had a special door prize (graciously donated by Hub Hobby) that was only available for kids. It included a huge host of kits and building supplies.

For the older kids, one of our sessions was "Junior High Power Certification" that was even put on by one of our club's junior rocketeers that has a Junior Level 1 Certification. However, besides that one, the rest of the sessions were admittadly pretty much geared towards adults, so I totally understand the debate you are going through.

Additionally, we were fortunate that the host hotel where most people stayed and where we held the convention also had an indoor pool.

Make it/Take it is already planned, I believe. Have to look at the schedule.

Bob

Well, since the information has made it to the NARCON web site, I figure I would post it here as well :)

Get ready for the NARCON 2009 commemorative kit from FlisKits, the Nantucket Sound :D

24mm, 12.7" tall, about 5.2" wide at the base.

NARCON versions (planned anyway) will come with pre-colored body wraps to make finishing a breeze. The production version will include a link to downloads.

Have fun and be sure to register early!

jim

light house 24mm versionsm.jpg

DSC02087sm.jpg

DSC02088sm.jpg

Back