NARCON 2005 Update

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximuspad

Reaction score
NARCON 2005 UPDATE
Here is one of many updates and hope to see you all there in March.

Have you ever wondered what being in space is like? If you attend this year’s event you can find out from someone who has lived and worked there when former Space Shuttle astronaut Jay Apt presents a talk that will answer the question, “What’s It Like Up There?” This session will be perfect for adults and younger school-age audience members, and will seem like a personal trip into space!

Dr. Apt, who has flown four Shuttle missions and worked dozens of others from Mission Control, will discuss the human side of space flight: astronaut selection and training; pre-launch procedures; departure from Earth; working, living and walking in space; overcoming problems; and returning safely home again.

In addition to his astronaut wings, Dr. Jay Apt holds an undergraduate degree from Harvard and a doctorate from MIT in experimental physics. His scientific career included research in atomic physics, lasers, and studying the planets and moons of our solar system. He learned to fly in college, and has since logged over 4,500 hours in 25 types of aircraft. He has piloted his own airplane to such destinations as Greenland, Guatemala, England and Alaska. He was selected as a NASA Astronaut in 1985 and has spent more than 35 days in space on four Space Shuttle missions. He has performed two space walks, one of them to perform the emergency rescue of a satellite. He has been to the Russian space station Mir, and is the recipient of NASA’s highest medal. Dr. Apt is Executive Director of the Carnegie Mellon Electricity Industry Center at Carnegie Mellon University’s Tepper School of Business and the Department of Engineering and Public Policy, where he is a Distinguished Service Professor. His book Orbit: NASA Astronauts Photograph the Earth has sold more than 600,000 copies in 11 languages.
Please check the site for more information about NARCON.
https://www.narcon2005.org

If you have any questions about NARCON please contact me at [email protected] . I would also like to thank all the vendors that have already supported the event so far. They are posted on the website please help support the vendors that are supporting our National events. Without them these events would be hard to put on.

I've heard people talk about meeting Jay Apt. Anyone here have personal experiences to share on that front? Everything I've heard is that he's a great guy.

I spent part of a day with him at a recent conference. His book signing was set up along side my booth.

We had a great time, very personable. You will enjoy meeting him.

jim

Back