NARCON 2005 Attendance List?`

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KermieD

Reaction score
Who all is going? After talking to a few folks, here's the list I have so far:

KermieD (duh)
CTulanko
Bowhunter
jflis

Also, I can't imagine a scenario that doesn't include Sirius Rocketry being there as well. Stones, you gonna have that Saturn ready for disply there? :D

Yep, FlisKits will be there. We will be hosting a Make-It-Take-It (MITI) session on Friday then have our retailer booth for Sat/Sun. I will also be attending the launch for a couple of hours to launch off our newest kits (we expect to be releasing 3 new kits at NARCON)

jim

Originally posted by jflis
Yep, FlisKits will be there. We will be hosting a Make-It-Take-It (MITI) session on Friday then have our retailer booth for Sat/Sun. I will also be attending the launch for a couple of hours to launch off our newest kits (we expect to be releasing 3 new kits at NARCON)

jim

Jim, since I'm nosy and since I hate the very concept of delayed gratification, do you have any previews of the new kits? :)

Originally posted by JRThro
Jim, since I'm nosy and since I hate the very concept of delayed gratification, do you have any previews of the new kits? :)

Sorry, no :D

In fact, NARCON is making a point of not releasing any information either. The MITI session is listed as being with an "unspecified" kit :)

Closer to March I will be getting some informaiton out. Frankly, it's because it's too far out to be certain *which* kits will be ready by then. We have 10-12 choices for 2005 (of which only about 6-8 will actually make it in time). Which ones get released is based mainly on time availble to develope and capital available to do the release.

Last thing that I want to do is make statements about which kit will be ready and then have to retract that (done that before and it ain't fun :D )

jim

I hate to be the stupid one , but what are the dates? The NAR and NARCON sites haven't been updated. Glad I didn't make plane reservations for last year's date , I'd be way late!

tentative (70/30) that I am going.

Kermie - you showin' us da town?

If anybody is flying from out east (Hartford) let me know if you would be interested in splitting the car rental from Milwaukee.

A

https://www.narcon2005.org/

EDIT (thanks Jim): March 11-13

Al, I'm about 2-1/2 hours north of the Racine/Kenosha area, so I don't know it that well. BUT, we can all find the hotspots together!

We're only about 5 hours south, so we MAY be going. It kinda depends on some other family obligations that may be that weekend.

We'll see.

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Mike. Bring waders this time! :D

PS: I have a Deuce's Wild with your name on it.

No basketball to coach this year, so I'm planning to attend. (That's the one good thing about going winless last year.) Scott McCrate has indicated that he is interested in riding shotgun with me, so as of 12/13/04, we'll be there with beers on.

ok, we should start a separate thread about hotels and also getting together for a TRF dinner...

Definitely! Start it up!

Originally posted by KermieD
https://www.narcon2005.org/

March 13-15.

Al, I'm about 2-1/2 hours north of the Racine/Kenosha area, so I don't know it that well. BUT, we can all find the hotspots together!

um, Kermie, I *thought* something about this didn't look right...

the dates are actually March 11th-13th (Fri/Sat/Sun)

jim

Sweet! If you're staying at the Marriott, apparently they have shuttle service to and from Mitchell.

Jim: Ack!! I knew that too! I don't even know what I was thinking when I typed 13-15!!

Originally posted by Stones
I'll sure as heck try! ;)

Darned well better dude! :)

Would be kind of interesting to display my beat up and flown original prototype right next to the redesigned Version 2 kit. Yours will probably blow my battered one away....

But only because I have nbot had time to build the new version of my own kit!!!!!!

Dave

ok, we should start a separate thread about hotels and also getting together for a TRF dinner...

I think I posted in another thread that Mr. Kermie should seriously think about getting a TRF gathering on the adjenda for NARCON 2005!

Contact Gabe Kermie, so he can get it on the schedule! This would be like the old Compuserve Rocketry Forum gatherings that Doug Pratt used to do before the Internet took over from the Sport Rocketry forum on Compuserve.....

....man does that date me, Jow about you Mr. Flis???? :)

Originally posted by Sirius Rocketry

You want "dated"????

Heck, I was one of the prime posters (ask Bob Kaplow) on the old Rocketry Notes Files at Digital **before** the "Internet", i'll give you "dated"...

LOL

Originally posted by Sirius Rocketry
I think I posted in another thread that Mr. Kermie should seriously think about getting a TRF gathering on the adjenda for NARCON 2005!

Contact Gabe Kermie, so he can get it on the schedule! This would be like the old Compuserve Rocketry Forum gatherings that Doug Pratt used to do before the Internet took over from the Sport Rocketry forum on Compuserve.....

Gabe emailed me. He's been browsing the Forum apparently. He already offered to set up a TRF session. Once we get his account activated, he has some announcements to make.

I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I am the NARCON 2005 event director. It is great to see the buzz about the upcoming event. I know we have some big shoes to fill from last years event and I think we will be able to make it better this year. First to give alittle information about this years event. We are pleased to have the NAR Board meeting at NARCON. We also have some great people coming for Keynote speakers. First on Friday night it will be Ky"Rocketman"Michaelson. This should be an intersting session I am sure he will be talking about the Spaceshot. On Saturday night we have another great set of speakers they are the Estes. There are alot of great sessions already on board and more to come. They can be found at https://www.narcon2005.org/events.htm . There will be some big announcements of some items coming at this years NARCON. I would also like to say a great thank you to all the vendors that have donated and supported NARCON already. I am hoping we can get more in attendance this year and looks like we will. Again thanks for your support without your help it would be hard to put the event on. We have a great BOD for NARCON and they are working hard to make the event successful and it is showing off with the content we already have. In regards to the TRF gathering if you can give me the information I will get it added to NARCON so all will know about it. If you can give me what you need I will see if it can be done at UWP or if you want it at a restaurant or something like that I will put that information on the site too. If anyone has any quesitons about NARCON please shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will answer them. If I forgot anything I apologize in advance just alot going on right now in planning for this. Thanks again for your support and will see you all in March.

Thanks

Welcome aboard Gabe! I hope that once the panic and planning dies down and NARCON 2005 is concluded successfully, you choose to hang out here at the forum! Scott H is a semi-regular here and of course Dave of Sirius Rocketry and myself.

One question: Do you know when the registration link will be up, or is it there and I'm missing something?

-Jon

One question: Do you know when the registration link will be up, or is it there and I'm missing something?

I am hoping that it will be working shortly. Technical difficulties.

I will post a message when it is up and running.

hey Gabe! Welcome aboard.

I see that new ad worked :)

I have some questions that I will send you in email. Will be good to see you again in March :)
jim

You want "dated"????

Heck, I was one of the prime posters (ask Bob Kaplow) on the old Rocketry Notes Files at Digital **before** the "Internet", i'll give you "dated"...

LOL

Yup, you got me beat there! I was probably banging on Q-Link and my Commodore 64 at that time!!!!

Man, you are old! :)
(said lovingly in these overly PC days lest you get the wrong impression....)

Still, for sentimental reasons, I still have my Compuserve address to this day...it is a SPAM magnet, but I could never really give it up because of nostalgia. I have one of those addresses that end in three digits rather than four, which shows how old that is. Used to access it in C64 VIDTEX software on a 300 baud modem. Like you some of us were in there before internet and e-mail.

71261,556, STILL valid today.....

Why do we hang on to this stuff, I am feeling like an antique!

Originally posted by maximuspad

I am hoping that it will be working shortly. Technical difficulties.

I will post a message when it is up and running.

Hey Gabe...WELCOME!

You will enjoy the forum, and MANY thanks for your work on NARCON! I think you will like it here!

Back