NARCON 2004 Update

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ltvscout

Reaction score
We are just under two weeks out from NARCON, and things are still going on at a rapid pace! We continue to get vendor support and new events to make NARCON a big success. As of this writing we have exceeded 70 pre-registered attendees, with an expectation of more at the door. We have the support of (currently) 18 vendors and hobby shops, six of which will be in attendance at NARCON and one present at the WOOSH sport launch.

Though things are going very well overall, we have one bit of sad news. One of our guest speakers, Professor Vera Kolb, has had to cancel her "Life On Mars: What Are We Looking For?" presentation due to circumstances beyond her control. We are actively looking for another speaker to deliver a presentation on Mars or other space-related topic.

We also noticed a slight error in the driving directions to UWP.
New information is listed on the NARCON 2004 website.

Our list of events is currently as follows:

Meet & Greet "Mixer"
Opening Ceremonies/Keynote Addresses
NAR Town Hall Meeting
Rocket Stability for Dummies
Youth Competition Strategies
Scale Modeling with Stone Knives and Bear Skins
Curriculum for Elementary School Model Rocket Education
Rocketry Education in Primary Grades
Rocketry Education in Intermediate Grades
High School Rocketry Programs
The Rockets for Schools Program
Airborne Electronics
Range Safety Officer Training
Section Management 101
Staging and Clustering Techniques
The Incredibly Common Objects That Stopped Being Household Items and Became Mixed-Up Rockets
Certifying in High Power Rocketry
Obtaining a LEUP #34 from the BATFE (Your Results May Vary)
Building with Ultralight Materials
Parts Fabrication
There Must Be Fifty Ways to Lathe Your Lumber
Zen and the Art of Boost-Glider Construction
Plastic Model Conversion
Building Session: Basic Training for Educators and Youth Leaders
Building Session: Flying Saucer Attack!
Panel Discussion on Education Topics
Secrets of the Master Competitors
Old Rocketeers' Open House
How to Start a Model Rocketry Business

If you have any questions, contact the NARCON 2004 Event Director, Kevin Wickart, at [email protected].

https://www.narcon2004.org

I sent an e-mail to the NARCON board at least two weeks ago about making the Tour de Deuce one of the events at the sport launch, and that they'd be on display at the Fliskits booth during the convention.

Still, nothing, absolutely NOTHING has been mentioned on the NARCON website, and apparently, there has been two updates since then. I'm kinda PO'd about this. Would the NARCON team PLEASE add the Tour de Deuce to the list of scheduled events?

Thanks,
Jason Toft

Originally posted by jetra2
I sent an e-mail to the NARCON board at least two weeks ago about making the Tour de Deuce one of the events at the sport launch, and that they'd be on display at the Fliskits booth during the convention.

Still, nothing, absolutely NOTHING has been mentioned on the NARCON website, and apparently, there has been two updates since then. I'm kinda PO'd about this. Would the NARCON team PLEASE add the Tour de Deuce to the list of scheduled events?
I'm assuming you mean you sent a message to Kevin at [email protected]. I only post items to the website that Kevin gives me to add. I heard nothing about this. I'll pass this message on to him so he can give me the info you sent him for me to add to the website.

Scott

Originally posted by jetra2

Thanks,
Jason Toft
Ok, I sent a message to Kevin and the rest of the team about this. Just so you know though, the sport launch that is being held that weekend is a separate entity and is not really part of NARCON in and of itself. We (WOOSH) just happened to be having a launch that weekend, and since it was fairly close to the NARCON site, we figured we'd let people know about it in case they wanted to fly some rockets that weekend around the seminars they are attending.

Scott

i may have also owed some information on the launch too. I've been very "out of touch" because of a whole lot going on....

At this point (i've yet to let Jon know for sure on the time), I would like to schedule the TdD launch for 3pm on Saturday with 3pm sunday being a rain/weather date.

I hope to get something out to Jon and NARCON this weekend....

jim

The Tour de Deuce rockets were dropped off at the Post Office today (Saturday) at about 10:00 a.m.. They should arrive in Wisconsin about a week before NARCON. Mississippi Tour de Deuce Team:cool: :cool:

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the mailman!

Jim, 3PM Sat. should be fine by me.

Back