NARAM62*

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are EX motors allowed at this event ? I ask because it is a NAR event but MARS is also a TRA prefecture.

I'll let Bill answer for the final word, but I'm 99.99% sure that EX will not be allowed. This is a launch sanctioned under NAR rules.

Sorry I lost track of this thread!!
Much to my own sadness, this is a NAR event and "research" is not allowed....

Question as i haven’t been to this site before and I was trying to use google maps to judge how large the landing area us but wasnt sure where the crops began. How close are the crop fields from the launch area? Im assuming corn? Tracker is on the fritz so Ill plan to fly lower if there is a chance of going in the corn… but figured Id ask.

I'll be there with my Wildman CT trailer full of goodies, plus lots of rail buttons....
both Sat and Sunday cause still have the day job to do.
I'm also L3CC with tests in the trailer.....
I tried to PM you a question, but was blocked. (You don't accept PMs, or something?)

Of course you'll have a good stock of motors, as always. Will you have, in particular, a CTI 26E31, 24 mm one grain? I'm planning to use one in a special launch. Next best would be one of the other CTI 24 mm one grains.

So I was at the field today, it was being mowed while i was there.
The Crops are not so bad, to the north and east, basically the other side of the runway is a wall of corn, thankfully thats 1400 feet away and winds this time of year wont carry much that way. To the West 1000 feet away, is beans and they are not very high all the rain is stunting them.
All in all i dont think crops for the High Power crowd will be much of an issue. Mars does have loaner Big Red Bee trackers available...

So I was at the field today, it was being mowed while i was there.
The Crops are not so bad, to the north and east, basically the other side of the runway is a wall of corn, thankfully thats 1400 feet away and winds this time of year wont carry much that way. To the West 1000 feet away, is beans and they are not very high all the rain is stunting them.
All in all i dont think crops for the High Power crowd will be much of an issue. Mars does have loaner Big Red Bee trackers available...

Great! See you up there this weekend! Can’t wait to check it out.

I'll be there with my Wildman CT trailer full of goodies, plus lots of rail buttons....
both Sat and Sunday cause still have the day job to do.
I'm also L3CC with tests in the trailer.....
Hi @cbrarick and everyone else,

My wife Susan and I will be at NARAM-62, and we are really looking forward to it.

She will be going for an L1, and I will be going for an L2.

We have a 29/38 mm adapter for her flight. But she wants to buy one or several 29 mm H-powered CTI motors (she has a list from her numerous RockSim simulations). She also needs to buy a 29 mm CTI casing. I want to buy one or several a 38 mm J-powered CTI motors.

So we hope to see you on Saturday or Sunday to buy supplies from you.

Thank you.

Stanley

This weekend should have good breaks in the weather for HP flying. I just finished securing our NOTAM for this launch week. Weather permitting we have ground to 12,000 Saturday through Friday from 1400 to 2200z (10am to 6pm), although I expect flying will end around 5pm daily. That being said any flight expected to go above 10,000 needs to be discussed with one of us before launching.

The museum's hangar will be open, so folks will have a chance to see some great vintage aircraft. I wouldn't be surprised if some take to the air during our week long event!

Given I will be busy during the event, it will be easier to post now what I plan to bring with me for sale:

For those who collect Estes catalogs I have some original catalogs in GREAT condition that I will be selling at NARAM for less than their current going rates. You won't find torn covers, pages, water damage, etc. as I am anal about keeping my catalogs in pristine shape.

2016, 2013, 2012, for $2.50 each;
2007, 2006 for $5 each;
1998, 1997, 1993, 1992 for $10 each;
1989 for $15;
1979, 1977, 1976 for $20 each;
1975 for $25
1964 for $175
** I also have a FSI 1975/1976 catalog for $30
See me on the sport range me if interested. I will be hard to miss as I will be wearing the orange RSO vest.

See you soon in Geneseo for NARAM 62!

Greg

Many people have asked about buying a shirt, I am working with the vendor to open a web-store, probably by Friday!

On Wednesday the 28th I set a new National record for 1/2A Boost Glider Duration. When I returned the model there was a group of people standing near the Returns table. One of them asked to take a photo of me with the glider. For obvious reasons I would really like to get a copy of that photo. I believe it was the Blue shift since it was just before noon on the 28th. If you have any information please respond send me a PM.

Tom Disch

On Wednesday the 28th I set a new National record for 1/2A Boost Glider Duration.
Congratulations!
When I returned the model there was a group of people standing near the Returns table. One of them asked to take a photo of me with the glider.
Did he have a big, professional looking camera? You might well find the picture when the next issue of Sport Rocketry comes out.

Camping was definitely allowed and I took advantage of it. I overestimated how long it would take to get there. I spent Thursday and Thursday night at Letchworth State park. It had spectacular waterfalls some of which was attributed to very heavy recent rains. It did not rain at NARAM, mostly. I launched Saturday to Wednesday and had to take off an hour for rain. No coverage on the host club websites (yet?). There's some one YouTube, including manufactures forum and scale. Facebook has photos. My Mars Lander and Amazing Point are in take-off shots. There is a picture of me and my rockets under the EZ up.

Back