NARAM Monday

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomopbo

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just got home from todays NARAM. Lots of fun even though I didn't fly anything!
I am planning to go back for some flying Wednesday.

Today I wanted to watch and had a list of people to say hello to in person.

I did get a few ok shots.

This was a RC Boost Glider.
rc%20boost%20glider.jpg

It had over a 12 min flight I believe.
bgoverhead.jpg

While my son and I were watching the sport range, this egg lofter landed 6 feet in front of us.
eggloft.jpg

A little high power action behind us.
redflame.jpg

One of the days highlights, Jim Fliss autographing the face card of my FarScape. (I'm a fan, what can I say)
autograph.jpg

Close up.
facecard.jpg

Notice the Production #
production%20no.jpg

(Yes I intend to build this kit for you collectors wondering)

And like I said...headed back on Wednesday to fly, pick up a few things, talk with more people and well respected TRF'ers, and maybe, just maybe cert level 1.

Make sure you check out www.naramlive.com for some much better photos and video!

nomo

who wrote those captions? The writing looks like it was done by a ten year old.

What is that supposed to mean? I thought those of you that werent able to make it out would appreciate a shot or two. I didnt log on to write a magazine review covering the event.

Glad you enjoyed the pics.
You're welcome.

Oh, now I know what your problem is. You wish YOU had an autographed #7 FarScape.
Don't cry Bro, it's ok.:eek:

And so you know, should you choose to respond to this, please do it in a PM so this thread may stay on track. You seem to have missed the significance of this post, that others involved in another thread seem to appreciate.

nomopbo

I, for one, appreciate the effort. Nice pics. I wasn't able to attend, and it looks like I missed a great launch.

Thanks SecretSquirrel,
I saw you had a similar style comment in a thread recently too.
The nice thing about TRF is that people that flame, troll, and insult are few and far between.

If the tread continues to go this way, I will delete it and repost the pictures for others to enjoy.

I saw nothing wrong, I just want one of those FARSCAPES!!:D Fliskits makes some of the only low power kits I like. They really are SO much more original in designs than other manufacturers... I really need to get one..:)

You arent kidding. Very nice kit. It's a good size one as well, and the decals look great.
Also at the booth were the upscale Deuce, Tres, and upscale Spitfire in the building process. I missed the Tres fly, but I met Carl and he broke it down and showed me the build from the inside out.
Jim's design and Carls craftsmanship = WOW! Gonna take more pics Wed.

Originally posted by nomopbo
What is that supposed to mean? I thought those of you that werent able to make it out would appreciate a shot or two. I didnt log on to write a magazine review covering the event.

Don't sweat it man. His signature line says it all. :rolleyes: What's funny is that you put those pics up as a courtesy. Captions were optional. I swear, some people get something for free and then they want it on a silver platter. :rolleyes: Thanks for the pics - ya ten year old! :p ;)

I am not defending Ryan, but I will say that I have never known him to flame anyone. When he wakes up and logs on, I'm sure he will have a good reason as to why he posted the remarks he made...It could be he forgot to click on the appropriate emoticon ;) :D :p See, the little smiles keep us at bay...

but if he WAS being ugly with his remarks, then: :kill: let him have it :D

Seriuosly though, great pics. I have never been to a NARAM, but I know people who arrange Vacations around such events. Keep'em coming nomopbo.

Nice pictures... but I need to give Jim a call... I thought he said he was saving #7 for me :confused:. As long as I have a low number kit, I will be happy :).

I noticed how Ryan has become more moody lately.... he is a clever boy... but I don't think he realizes how people respond to what he says. I wonder if he is talking about the captions on this thread? Or on the Naram live site? The captions on both sites look fine to me?

That could be, and would make more since to me. But the guy doing the Narram live site needs to be cut some slack too. He puts that up very late at night, and it is also a courtesy.

I really enjoyed the site over the weekend when I couldnt attend the event. And the MP3 was a brilliant idea. I have NEVER attended a launch, and I knew how everthing was going to be running BEFORE I got there.

Ryan, I may (probably) owe you an apology as well if that was the case. It threw me for a loop for sure.

and very much appreciated the commentary, not being able to attend in person. Thanks

Originally posted by n3tjm
The Fliskits one? The only clue I seen what the "BIG SECRET" is? To bad it is not very clear... :(
From the picture, it looks to me like FlisKits will be offering a Shrox designed rocket possibly called the Alien8?

Hey Nomo,

Do you need to be registered to gain access to the vendor booths? I didn't register because I wasn't planning to fly, but was thinking of taking a long lunch hour tomorrow to stop by the vendor booths and check things out.

nomobpo,
Nice pictures, and captions. Man, I wish I had an autographed kit;) that is worth getting jealous over.:)
I've thought of making a box like the one used for the tdd rockets and sending my DW to Flis for an autograph. Then retiring it and build another.
Again nice pictures nomobpo, those of us that can't be there appreciate it.
Larry

Great pics and updates from NARAM!!

one suggestion/request, is it possible to take some of the pics with a little more exposure? They're coming out pretty dark on my monitor. I know some cameras, that's just the way the exposure is set. Anyway keep up the good work! :D

Originally posted by illini868891
Hey Nomo,

Do you need to be registered to gain access to the vendor booths? I didn't register because I wasn't planning to fly, but was thinking of taking a long lunch hour tomorrow to stop by the vendor booths and check things out.

I'd be kind of astonished if the vendors would want to turn away anybody with an operational VISA in their pocket...:D :p :D

Originally posted by JStarStar
I'd be kind of astonished if the vendors would want to turn away anybody with an operational VISA in their pocket...:D :p :D

Excellent point!

No registration is needed if you arent flying. Just park and go where ever you want! Fun and FREE!!

Just got back and still need to unpack but...

Nomo, it was GREAT to see you there bro!!! I got to see alot of people for the first time, and then some oof them disappeared, but it was always a pleasure. Sorry you missed the Tres launch but there will be others. Heck, maybe you can get to Whitakers in the spring! I hope you have a good time the rest of the week and wish you the best of luck on your launches.

Oh, and yea, Jim and I are that crazy sometimes ;) ... we just make sure it's a good time! Back to the posts but saw this and wanted to say hi man.

Carl

Glad you had a safe return man! You guys didnt *seem* crazy. ;) I would say more just like old friends. It was great meeting you guys, and glad I was able to find you before you headed home.

Wait a minute...is that a fliskits bag that says Alien 8 on it?????? EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! I've wanted one of those for sooooooooo long!!!

Okay - back on topic...

Great pics! Can't wait to hear all the stories!

ALIEN 8!!!!!!!!

*ahem* Sorry...

wow naram was great my LOC weasel made it's first and only flight on an f-27 before i never saw it again:mad: . then i flew my deuces wild about 4 times (with the help of Mr. jim flis after he showed my how to rig the ignigters so i didnt need a clip whip)
i met the guy that took the pictures for naram live and he got a nice shot of my DW that i hope will be on the site. if not i'll post some pics myself. and i got a cheetah from jim flisis stand wich im working on now.i hope naram is somewhere close next year so i can attend again:D

Latest posts

Back