NARAM hotel update

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chanstevens

Reaction score
I have an announcement to make related to the host hotel for NARAM this July. No, it has not been sold or scheduled for renovations ;-). We've sold out our reserved block of rooms for several of the nights. I have been negotiating with the hotel for a week now and we can get some additional rooms, but a very limited number, and I'm basically going to have to financially commit to the number up front to get them. Therefore, if you are planning on attending NARAM and staying at the host hotel but have not already made a reservation, you need to let ME know right away. I can very likely get you in, but am going to have to lock up a final count by the end of next week (6/3). If you have not contacted me directly by 6/3, there's a very good chance you will not be able to get a room.

Also, related to this I'm please to announce that we have also negotiated discounted tickets to King's Island Amusement Park, which is one of the country's biggest theme parks. The park is less than 10 minutes from the hotel and features coasters, kiddie rides, live entertainment, an impressive water park, and as of this weekend one of the largest collection of animated dinosaurs on display in the world. If you're not into rides but the kids enjoy getting wet, there's also a pretty large water park right across the highway from King's Island called The Beach, which also has discount tickets available to us for quite a bit less than King's Island. We're working on something with Wright-Patterson AFB up the road (45 minutes) in Dayton, but as of this moment I'm not confident enough we'll have anything special to offer other than standard access and perhaps a nominally discounted admission. Rather than have to choose between attending NARAM and playing hooky to spend a day as a tourist, I'm also able to extend our room deal with the hotel to cover the Saturday night AFTER the banquet to anyone that wants to head home Sunday morning instead of Saturday morning, but the same warning applies--I need your name and number of rooms by 6/3 or I can't guarantee you'll be able to get one.

Regardless of where you're staying, if you're interested in the King's Island tickets, you may purchase them directly through the web at www.visitkingsisland.com/wccvb . The Beach package is in the works, link to follow in the near future.

Again, if you have not booked your reservation yet or would like to extend your stay into the Saturday after NARAM, you need to let me know no later than noon June 3rd in order to be assured a room.

Thanks for your patience, and I look forward to seeing you in slightly less than two months (that's a hint to start building, folks...).

--Chan Stevens
Contest Director

Back