NARAM 64 information?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retrospace101

That Deceptively Quiet Kid...
Reaction score
Hi Y'all,
Just wanted to ask around if anyone knows anything about NARAM 64? Has it been revealed or is it still yet to?
I kinda missed out on the Banquet and some other public meetings this time, so I'm kinda left wondering.

News regarding NARAM 64 will be in your upcoming eRocketeer this week.

Ed LaCroix
National Events Chair

News regarding NARAM 64 will be in your upcoming eRocketeer this week.

Ed LaCroix
National Events Chair
I read the Electronic Rocketeer and I think the NSL East/West is a great idea. I hope it is successful and the total participation from both events exceeds the participation from a single NSL.

I read the Electronic Rocketeer and I think the NSL East/West is a great idea. I hope it is successful and the total participation from both events exceeds the participation from a single NSL.
Rob Campbell- National Events is glad you like the concept of an east and west NSL. You can have a hand in the success of this plan if you have any ideas on sections and/or sites east of the Mississippi suitable for holding an NSL. Eastern sites, aside from Geneseo, NY and Dalzell, NC are what need to be found. Email me at [email protected] with any ideas. Thank you!

Rob Campbell- National Events is glad you like the concept of an east and west NSL. You can have a hand in the success of this plan if you have any ideas on sections and/or sites east of the Mississippi suitable for holding an NSL. Eastern sites, aside from Geneseo, NY and Dalzell, NC are what need to be found. Email me at [email protected] with any ideas. Thank you!
Ed,

Thank you for the opportunity to contribute to the inaugural NSL East. I have several ideas and will send them to your team this weekend.

Absolutely! East of the Mississippi sites are more difficult to find than west side ones. So anyone who has a site to suggest, please email Ed and me at [email protected].

Hi Rob,

All I can say is “BRING IT”! :clapping: We need your insights. Steve Kristal, the other member working with me on National Events, and I thank you. :cool:

Ed
Ed,

I just sent a list of six viable sites with a quick analysis based on centrality, field size, experience with large events, access from interstates, and availability of lodging and restaurants. Hopefully, this will be a good starting point for selecting a site. A spoiler here, my recommendations are, in order:

1. International Aeromodelling Center, Muncie, IN
2/3. Huntsville Area Rocketry Association (HARA), Huntsville, AL/Music City Missile Club (MCMC), Hopkinsville, KY - Two way tie
4. Maryland Delaware Rocketry Association (MDRA), Easton, MD
5. GRITS Launch Site, Nashville, GA
6. Bama Blast Off Launch Site, Aliceville, AL

I hope your team finds it helpful.

Rob

Rob,

Thanks so much! Ed and I really appreciate this kind of help from the membership.

Steve Kristal

The Bong, WOOSH's site in Wisconsin. Hosted LDRS in 2014 and again in 2023.

NARAM 64

In the August eRocketeer, National Events announced that the Cotton City Rocketry Club (#748) in Lordsburg, NM will host NARAM 64 in 2023. Vern Richardson will be the Contest Director and N64 will be held July 29 to August 1 (4days). With a generous assist from the FLARE section (#577), there will be a sport range with an expected 12,000’AGL waiver (applied for).

In the interest of attracting A and B division competitors to NARAM 64, Vern and the Contest Board have decided to replace B Superroc Altitude with Precision Fragile Payload. (Precision Fragile Payload is the NAR Sporting Code’s equivalent of TARC.)

Vern has put considerable effort into securing a NARAM-worthy launch site and it paid off! The site is HUGE. The nearest structure and tree is 1.5 miles away and many more miles of open, flat terrain surround this site.

The GPS coordinates are: 32 14' 30.78" N, 108 52' 28.30" W

Back