EVENT NARAM-63

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
NARAM-63 will be held July 16-22, 2022 in Springfield, MO.

The flying site is the same as NARAM-58.
Different (Hopefully better) hotel. Oasis Hotel and Convention Center.

Events:

1/4A Streamer Duration

1/2A Rocket Glider Duration

A Helicopter Duration

A Parachute Duration

B Altitude

B Egg Loft Altitude

Sport Scale

E Payload Altitude

Open Spot Landing

R & D

Hmm. That's less than 6 hours away. Maybe I'll go. With a box of books to entice rocket folk to The Dark Side. ;)
Hmm. None of the events interest me, but maybe I'll come to rummage through your box of books.
BTW, Springfield, MO is afire with Covid-19 Delta, but I suspect that in a years time they will hit 100% infection and burn itself out, more or less.

Last edited:
Looking forward to NARAM63 if things work out. That is the beginning of our summer shutdown and may be a good excuse to not work this time around.

The WAC Corporal will fly again just as it did at NARAM 58. If I can fix it, the Scorpius will fly again also. Had a weird landing at NARAM 58 and snapped its body tube in the weirdest of places.

Maybe I'll get the Dynacom Anaconda ready to go. That'll be nice on a L952.

Lots of time between now and then. Let's see what life throws at us.

Highly recommend anyone interested in high power check out the field too. They'll have a 10kft waiver (more pending) and the field was largely ankle-high or lower grass last I recalled. Just try not to drop one on the cows.

I was there last time. Hotter then all get out. But other then that not a bad place at all. A bonus is my brother lives only a couple hours away. With LDRS way out in Oregon that ones to far for me. May have to visit my brother again.

Yes, that time of year is brutal.

The field is about 30-45 mins from Springfield, MO. If you can't leave the family at home, send them down to Branson, MO for a visit to Silver Dollar City, or enjoy the many sights and sounds Branson has to offer.

Last night, I was following a thread on FB and Carol Marple posted that details revolving around NARAM 63 were being finalized, no announcement yet.

I know that there was discussion about the Walnut Grove field possibly having some activity during that timeframe, so alternate discussions were underway as a contingency.

Hopefully the official announcement is made soon.

The official announcement was made during the banquet on Friday (7/30).
They also handed out brochures.

Sorry for the noob question, but does B Engine mean you must fly a Class B Engine in order to participate? Ex. B6-4, B4-4, …
No, a "B" impulse event means that a "B" motor, or a combination of motors that do not exceed"B" total impulse ( 5 Nt-sec ) may be used. Take note of the rules, because some events ( Rocket Glider, for example ) would not allow staging ( "what goes up, must come down, together", in that event ).

Possible combinations :

B
A+A
1/2 A +1/2A+A
1/2A+1/2A+1/2A+1/2A
1/4A+1/4A+1/4A+1/4A+1/2A+1/2A
1/4A+1/4A+1/4A+1/4A+1/4A+1/4A+1/2A
1/4A+1/4A+1/4A+1/4A+1/4A+1/4A+1/4A+1/4A
( note : I did not include MicroMaxx 1/8A motors )

Dave F.

Last edited:
Hmm. None of the events interest me, but maybe I'll come to rummage through your box of books.
BTW, Springfield, MO is afire with Covid-19 Delta, but I suspect that in a years time they will hit 100% infection and burn itself out, more or less.
The box may contain only one title... ;) ...though I'll look through my shelves to see what else could be liberated.

Typically (I say that as someone who has attended three NARAMs in recent years) there are trophies for first and second place for the overall meet and national champions for each division (A, B, C, D) and medals for the individual events to fourth place in each of the four divisions. I think. I have the reserve meet champion trophy (2nd place in C division) from NARAM-60 and some individual event C division medals from NARAM 56, 60 and 61 (two fourths and a first at NARAM-56, a first and a second from NARAM 60, and a third from NARAM-61).

Assuming they are continuing in this vein, that's what to expect. Chad Ring or someone else helping organize NARAM-63 will have to confirm, of course.

Typically (I say that as someone who has attended three NARAMs in recent years) there are trophies for first and second place for the overall meet and national champions for each division (A, B, C, D) and medals for the individual events to fourth place in each of the four divisions. I think. I have the reserve meet champion trophy (2nd place in C division) from NARAM-60 and some individual event C division medals from NARAM 56, 60 and 61 (two fourths and a first at NARAM-56, a first and a second from NARAM 60, and a third from NARAM-61).

Assuming they are continuing in this vein, that's what to expect. Chad Ring or someone else helping organize NARAM-63 will have to confirm, of course.

Benard pretty much covered it, with the exception that NAR competition no longer awards 4th place medals. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or gold, silver, bronze if you like. :) And yes, the medals are different colors to reflect the placing.

Chad

Less than a month to NARAM 63. Anyone else going? I'm on the fence right now, depends on my shutdown workload..

I haven't registered yet but I'll be at NARAM, probably the 15th-17th.

I'd like to buy a 6' 1010 rail (new or used) but don't want to pay shipping, which is going from outrageous to stupid-ridiculous. If you have one for sale, or if you can buy one locally and bring it to the launch I'll reimburse you for the cost and throw in a G76-4 green reload for the AT 29/40-120 case.

I'll be bringing a few copies of the 2nd edition of Experimental Composite Propellant for those of you who are yearning to join The Dark Side, ;) as well as 38mm casting/liner tube sets (those will be expensive to ship so this is the time to get 'em).

Also: some H and I AT reloads I bought last year that I'll probably never use, including: H128W, H250G, I1299N, I180W, and others. And three 4" polypropylene nose cones. And other odds and ends.

Please contact me by PM If you have or can get a rail, or if you want to reserve something. All deals will be cash or Paypal only, sorry no credit cards.

Best,
Terry

I have a question... well I have millions of questions but one in particular that's been on my mind about this event and can't find anywhere... Is there a fee to go up there or pre-registry or what? I've briefly skimmed the website on my phone and pulled up nothing.
I'm only about 2 hours away and I've been to their other field but not this one. Thought about just driving up there one or two days and hang around and talk rockets, but didn't know what kind of gated access there is.
Never been to a big event like this just some of the normal meetups with them ,, prolly last year.. Been out of it for a bit but hoping to hop back in. Got one bird I've never maidened yet and another small one in addition. Would also like to probe a little deeper into dual deploy setups that people have. Is there no flying unless you register??? I'm a TRA member if that makes any difference.

I have a question... well I have millions of questions but one in particular that's been on my mind about this event and can't find anywhere... Is there a fee to go up there or pre-registry or what? I've briefly skimmed the website on my phone and pulled up nothing.
I'm only about 2 hours away and I've been to their other field but not this one. Thought about just driving up there one or two days and hang around and talk rockets, but didn't know what kind of gated access there is.
Never been to a big event like this just some of the normal meetups with them ,, prolly last year.. Been out of it for a bit but hoping to hop back in. Got one bird I've never maidened yet and another small one in addition. Would also like to probe a little deeper into dual deploy setups that people have. Is there no flying unless you register??? I'm a TRA member if that makes any difference.
Registration menu didn't pull up for me on mobile, only on desktop.

Back