NARAM 46 pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics, Fred!

Even when I have my camera in my hand I forget to snap pics.

Sure had fun flying and talkin' and stuff...a little dissapointed with the weather closing the range early.

Now if someone got a pic of my "Highly Modified Tres" flying that would be cool.

It was my last flight just as the wind picked up big time. Beautiful flight but...long walk for recovery!

sandman

Gordon,

I got a pix of it, but I had the shutter set wrong... It's just a blur (see attachement)

jim

Fred,

Great pics!

But where's the Love Bug?

I LOVE that GoonyDent! That's really really cool!!

Jason

I wish that I had more pics guys.... but when I got to flying rockets, I forgot about the camera many times.

Pics I should have taken:

1) Pictures of Sandmans and my 'field setup'... well actually, all of our junk that looked like it was pouring out of our respective car trunks.

2) several of Sandman's rockets. Not only the highly modified Tres (which was a beauty!!), but also his 'standoff scale' Sat 1b, the 'Constipation' (Goony Constellation), and many others.

3) a bunch of Goonies displayed on 3 ' dowels that I shoved into the ground.

4) For most of the day, My Red Max diorama was set up next to Micromister's.

And so many others.....

I only had about a dozen pics in my camera myself and none of them are flying pics, but rather pics of people and their setups. I missed a ton, but then again, I only stayed til Tuesday...next year will be different!

I am bummed I missed my Tres Launching but I was too busy making sure it was going to go well and safe...then I was a bag of nerves until the button was pushed and I saw all motors lit. I wanted to spend more time with Sandman, MicroMister, nomopbo, Astronboy, etc...

Oh well,

Carl

I managed to miss Carls' Super-Tres launch.... once due to the weather, and then I had to leave .... :( I REALLY wanted to see that.

I also launched most of all of the new Goonies, and will have a good 1/2 dozen new designs up on the website soon.

Once I got to flyin rockets, and talking with Sandman, Carl, Jim Flis, Carl from Semroc, Bill from BMs, Peter Alway... etc, I just forgot about pictures for a while.

It is so great to be able to talk rockets with people who are actually interested in them as much as I am, if not more!! Usually I get a response like... "Oh, that sounds interesting" followed by a quick exit....

Here's a funny story: Bill from BMS saw my nametag and said "Hi Fred, how are you doing?" Gee, do I order enough parts from him that he knew my name right off the bat????? (I am just glad that my wife was at the Hotel that day...)

Fred

Fred,

Your first NARAM can be pretty overwhelming I know.

I met Vern Estes at my first NARAM and you could imagine what I was like after that!

Too many rockets...too many people to talk to...so little time.

One question I have though...

Why didn't they let the "sport flyers" use the big "empty" tent to set up?

It sure would have made life a lot easier on us all. Especially on Micro's knees!

I was really sorry John didn't get to fly more.

I did get to se Carl's Tres fly!...COOL!

sandman

Originally posted by jflis
I finally got my NARAM 46 pix posted!

Better late than never, eh? :)

You can view them at: https://fliskits.com/photo_album/naram-46/index.htm

have fun!
jim
Thanks Jim.

The picture of Kathy and you, Gleda and Vern, and Sheryl and I is absolutely priceless! NARAM 46 was Sheryl's first NARAM and she did not want it to be over. She was overwhelmed with how nice everyone was. Great event. Greater people!

How many days until NARCON?

Jim,

Thanks for posting those pics.

Was that single-fin-Rhino entered in the Design of the Month contest?

It obviously flew well, but I can't imagine how.

I also can't imagine how it got past the RSO.

Hey Jim!How did you like Front Royal?I'm assuming the mountain pics where taken in the Shenandoah Park.

Originally posted by Carl
Thanks Jim.

The picture of Kathy and you, Gleda and Vern, and Sheryl and I is absolutely priceless! NARAM 46 was Sheryl's first NARAM and she did not want it to be over. She was overwhelmed with how nice everyone was. Great event. Greater people!

How many days until NARCON?

Carl, drop me an email as a reminder and I'll squirt off the high res versions to you :)

Sheryl was clearly surprised and Kathy loved having someone to chat with too :) I was surprised to discover how much Kathy enjoys these trips (they wind up being our vacations, as it were :) ). But she hates to miss them (including such dry events as the GIS Day (college day) that we did at a local university).

Also, I wanted to ask you about NARCON. It sounds like you are going? If so, you should let Gabe know. When I talked to him the other day he said he hadn't gotten a confirmation for SEMROC.

jim

Originally posted by Gus
Jim,

Thanks for posting those pics.

Was that single-fin-Rhino entered in the Design of the Month contest?

It obviously flew well, but I can't imagine how.

I also can't imagine how it got past the RSO.

It got past the RSO because it had a flight history (that is the *only* way :) ) It flew incredible well and made a very kewl buzzing sound. During the 2nd flight the body tube developed a crinkle. We discussed some design changes such as going plywood on the fin (the one pictured had basswood, i beleive) also due to the stresses on the body I recommended getting an 18 inch stage coupler and stiffen the entire body tube with that.

He hasn't presented it to the DOM because I beleive he wants to look into marketing the design. Certainly worth the look! it was simply incredible.

jim

Originally posted by dragonshiprider
Hey Jim!How did you like Front Royal?I'm assuming the mountain pics where taken in the Shenandoah Park.

Shenandoah park was beautiful. I was surprised to see a bear on our trip. We drove pretty much the entire moutain range, getting an early start that morning. We just had to be back in time for the vendor forums.

it was a good day, nice and relaxing :)

Glad to hear that you had a good time out our way,Jim.Most people went east for their entertainment.Also,glad you enjoyed the park.I know a lot of old timers and even a few younger people who still hold a grudge because they where forced to sell their land to form it.However,as you can see from the houses in the background,the whole area would have fallen to urban sprawl by now and I assure you that the view would be for sale to the filthy rich only.Plus,I have seen plenty of old pics as well as condition and value assesments regarding the condition of the park land before it was bought and it was almost shameful.Three hundred years worth of charcoal,timber,iron,leather,beef and lumber production on the same land without puting anything back had taken it's toll to say the least.
Speaking of views,if you enter the park from the Front Royal entrance and go for just a couple of miles to the very first pull-off,that is one of my fave spots anywhere at night.The lights are spectacular all the way out to Winchester.Yes,I know i'm being ironic but it is what it is.Well,anyhow,I'm glad ya had fun,Jim.Hope you can come again.They'll probably have another NARAAM here in about ten or twelve years if nothing else,huh?
BTW,I picked up a Tumbleweed and a Corona the other day and was most impressed with the quality.Haven't gotten to them yet as they are in line behind some other things that have already been started.I would have spoken to you at NARAAM but I was on a big clone/scratch kick then and swore that I would avoid kits like the plauge.I've done most of the scratch stuff that I wanted to do this summer and am now looking at doing some kits that I couldn't help but notice here lately.Like yours.Got my eye on a Stingray and a Tres soon.

Hey Jim, nice pics. Are you still using the C-750? I've noticed that a lot of my pic have a greyish tinge to them. Not a problem. Easily fixed with Photoshop. Original is attached.

Yea, I had the wrong camera setting (something I do all too often... :) ) and I don't have time to correct them...

Back