NAR National Sport Launch 2008

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip Barber

Reaction score
My thanks to Event Director Burl Finkelstein and all the team from
SoAR, ROSCO, and ROCC Sections (and the TRA SC Prefecture) for a job
well done in organizing and running a great, friendly NAR National
Sport Launch 2008 over Memorial Day weekend at the Super Sod launch
site in Orangeburg, SC.

Many members of the National Association of Rocketry and other
rocketeers from the Southest region benefited from their hard work and
skill in putting this event on and, like me, had a great time flying
rockets and socializing with new and old friends as a result. It was a
fine weekend of fun, friendships, and flying on an outstanding site.
Thanks to all of you who ran NSL 2008 for taking your turn in service
to the NAR by stepping forward to take this on.

Trip Barber
NAR 4322
NAR VP & National Events Committee Chairman

Hear, Hear Tripp! We had a great time and look forward to Freedom Launch at the end of the sumer. It was a wonderful, safe event and hats off to all of the folks who worked so hard to make it happen.

Doc Russell
NAR 81121
ROCC member

Hear, Hear.

On the SoAR side, I'd like to recognize the herculean efforts of Jorge Blanco (Blankjorge) and David Klinkman (Flight4). David designed (and mostly paid for) and Jorge helped build the new computerized SoAR launch system used on the low power range, and Jorge built (and mostly paid for) the heavy duty versions of the SpadPad. Jorge also schlepped the SoAR trailer over from Atlanta and provided a setup staff cookout on Friday night and an impromptu SoAR cookout on Sunday night.

Hear, Hear.

On the SoAR side, I'd like to recognize the herculean efforts of Jorge Blanco (Blankjorge) and David Klinkman (Flight4). David designed (and mostly paid for) and Jorge helped build the new computerized SoAR launch system used on the low power range, and Jorge built (and mostly paid for) the heavy duty versions of the SpadPad. Jorge also schlepped the SoAR trailer over from Atlanta and provided a setup staff cookout on Friday night and an impromptu SoAR cookout on Sunday night.

I will echo you on that too Roy!

Man, I missed the world famous Jorge Burgers!:(
I feel badly I didn't take the time to mingle more with my SoAR buds:eek: I am a member of both clubs..That launch controller for the Low Power side is truly something out of Star Trek! Uber cool!:cool:

I had a real fun time, things moved smoothly, there was great participation from everyone..Couldn't have asked for a better event..Major kudos guys!

Back