NAR membership

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHansom

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed another post about this but did anyone see that NAR has lifted the one year limit on high power certs if your mebership lapses? Now there is no time limit to rejoin NAR and still retain your high power cert. Its on page 6 of the April NAR newsletter

Last edited:
Yes just announced last week at NARCON - as long as you have proof of former certification level, like your old NAR card you can rejoin and retain your cert level.

Originally posted by Bazokadale

"I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.”

Capt. Janeway: “I don’t care why the chicken crossed the road; so long as that chicken isn’t a threat to this ship and its crew it can cross all the roads it wants.”

Chakotay: “The chicken is but part of nature as is the road now being crossed by the chicken. Should we not all strive to cross the roads we travel so as to be one with the chicken?”

B’Elanna Torres: “GET THAT STINKING CHICKEN OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF MY ROAD!!!!”

Tom Paris: “Am I the rooster? Then the chicken is crossing the road to get to me.”

Nelix: “So I can cook it up for my famous Slorboturiaum chicken stew. Actually we don’t use chickens as they aren’t native to. . ..”

The Doctor: “Why are you asking me? I’m a hologram with no programmed sense of humor”.

Tuvok: “A chicken is an animal with a brain the size of a pea. It has no conception that it is crossing a road and thus can have no motive for crossing it”.

Harry Kim: “What? Who?”

Seven of Nine: “The chicken’s motive are irrelevant, crossing the road is futile. The chicken will be assimilated; we will make its biological and technological uniqueness our own”

Too late to help me, my level 1 lapsed in the past. But certifying level 1 is basically like just flying level 1 anyway :)

Too late to help me, my level 1 lapsed in the past. But certifying level 1 is basically like just flying level 1 anyway :)

If it was an NAR level 1 and you have your old card to prove it, just send that in to the NAR when you renew and you don't have to re-certify! You must renew your membership but once certified always certified as long as you have your proof.

Last edited:
It would be in Tripoli's Best interest to Follow suit!

Ahhh.. but if the 'cross grandfathering' still applied, then one would be able to certify with either, then let it lapse, rejoin NAR, show past certification (thus recertifying through NAR), and then rejoin TRA and show them the current NAR certification.

and linked to that news letter is the state of NAR briefing...you might want to read up on the revisions to the safety codes(both low & high power).
rex

I keep my membership active reguardless if I'm flying or not, if for no other reason than to support NAR. I do the same with Tripoli. They really needed the support when they were battling the BATF about AP! Pretty neat that a small organization can put it to the feds! :cheers:

Well I let my lvl 1 lapse due to medical and financial reasons. Its nice that I dont have to relevel 1 but I was going to try to do both on one day but now I just have to worry about my level 2.

Ahhh.. but if the 'cross grandfathering' still applied, then one would be able to certify with either, then let it lapse, rejoin NAR, show past certification (thus recertifying through NAR), and then rejoin TRA and show them the current NAR certification.

So what????? Where's the problem?

If it was an NAR level 1 and you have your old card to prove it, just send that in to the NAR when you renew and you don't have to re-certify! You must renew your membership but once certified always certified as long as you have your proof.

What is the difference between what you just said and what this thread is saying just started to happen? :)

What is the difference between what you just said and what this thread is saying just started to happen? :)
Absolutely no difference - I'm trying to confirm that as of last week you DON"T have to recert as long as you can prove your old cert, some seem to not understand that.

Back