NAR Membership Drive: 52 by 52

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Between January 1, 2010 and the first day of NARAM-52 (July 31) the NAR is conducting its first-ever membership drive, and is taking some extraordinary new steps to encourage new members to join the NAR. The NAR's goal is to reach 5200 NAR members by NARAM-52, which is represented by the drive's name: "52 by 52". The membership drive was organized and is being led by Carol Marple, the Chair of the NAR Membership Committee. A wide range of special benefits and incentives beyond the normal membership benefits of the bi-monthly color magazine, 60-page Member Guidebook, insurance, etc. are part of this membership drive:
• New members will get $30 of free rocketry products: a free kit from Semroc; a free kit from Quest; and a free hat from Aerotech, all shipped directly to them.
• Manufacturers and vendors who put ads for the NAR on their websites will get discounts on future Sport Rocketry ads for each new member recruited from these
• Current NAR members will get a $5 cash bonus at the end of the drive for each new member they recruited
• Sections will get a $5 cash bonus for each unit of growth in total NAR member count on their section's roster compared to this count in 2009

As part of the drive NAR sections will be sent a supply of color tri-fold NAR recruiting brochures with their 2010 charter renewal packets in February. Any member who wants a supply of these brochures for recruiting can get them simply by asking NAR headquarters at [email protected] . The NAR will also send a delegation to run recruiting booths at several major conventions and events, and will recruit among participants in its partnership programs with the national student TARC competition and with 4-H.

For more information on the drive, contact Carol Marple at [email protected].

I would like to recruit people to join, but it is really hard to find a place to launch in my area. The park director is close minded and he will not allow it in the parks here. And the nearest club is 25 miles one direction and 50 in the other. We might get more members if someone could educate local governments in the basic safety of LPR. I will still do my best o get a few new people into it.

Greetings Troj ---
Well, I am just getting back into some model rocketry after quite a few years away, and just joined NAR. Maybe you can tell me what to expect since I just signed up online about 4-5 days ago. I have not received any confirmation via email back.

Do you possibly know how NAR handles new memberships in terms of getting back to new members??? Any info appreciated.

Cheers :D

My son, daughter and I all got our new NAR#s yesterday too. Woohoo!

Last edited:
Got mine! I'd say the freebies are working. (haven't got those yet tho, but I did get my window sticker!)

Got mine! I'd say the freebies are working. (haven't got those yet tho, but I did get my window sticker!)

Welcome to the NAR!

The freebies from Semroc, Quest, and Aerotech will take approx. 4-6 weeks to arrive. We provide those three vendors a list of new members once a month, and the vendors will need a few weeks to ship/deliver the freebies.

Thanks,
Carol Marple, NAR 86280 L1
Chair, Membership Committee

Welcome to the NAR!

The freebies from Semroc, Quest, and Aerotech will take approx. 4-6 weeks to arrive. We provide those three vendors a list of new members once a month, and the vendors will need a few weeks to ship/deliver the freebies.

Thanks,
Carol Marple, NAR 86280 L1
Chair, Membership Committee

There's definitely an All Star cast on TRF!

I figured it would take about that long, as the vendors were all sending out stuff individually. This is a great program and I'm excited to be a part of it! The window sticker was going to be a recommendation of mine, so I'm thrilled to get one. My PT Cruiser wears it proudly!

Howdy All ----

Just a quick post to let new NAR joiners that I have sent a Rocksim file to EMRR for the SEMROC ASTRON -- the small rocket presented to new members of NAR as part of their membership drive. Don't know when they will get it posted but just a heads up it should be appearing there.

Just finished assembling mine and now ready to start finishing it. Should be a fun little rocket for some sport flying. With a "C" impulse motor, you can do some kitbashing with it as well --- I may lengthen mine a bit.

Have Fun --- Cheers -- Bob --- :D

Between January 1, 2010 and the first day of NARAM-52 (July 31) the NAR is conducting its first-ever membership drive, and is taking some extraordinary new steps to encourage new members to join the NAR. The NAR's goal is to reach 5200 NAR members by NARAM-52, which is represented by the drive's name: "52 by 52". The membership drive was organized and is being led by Carol Marple, the Chair of the NAR Membership Committee. A wide range of special benefits and incentives beyond the normal membership benefits of the bi-monthly color magazine, 60-page Member Guidebook, insurance, etc. are part of this membership drive:
• New members will get $30 of free rocketry products: a free kit from Semroc; a free kit from Quest; and a free hat from Aerotech, all shipped directly to them.
• Manufacturers and vendors who put ads for the NAR on their websites will get discounts on future Sport Rocketry ads for each new member recruited from these
• Current NAR members will get a $5 cash bonus at the end of the drive for each new member they recruited
• Sections will get a $5 cash bonus for each unit of growth in total NAR member count on their section's roster compared to this count in 2009

As part of the drive NAR sections will be sent a supply of color tri-fold NAR recruiting brochures with their 2010 charter renewal packets in February. Any member who wants a supply of these brochures for recruiting can get them simply by asking NAR headquarters at [email protected] . The NAR will also send a delegation to run recruiting booths at several major conventions and events, and will recruit among participants in its partnership programs with the national student TARC competition and with 4-H.

For more information on the drive, contact Carol Marple at [email protected].

I want to sign up, but you didn't provide a link! Sign me up!:D

Trip reported at Narcon that the current membership is 5150 but we still need more junior and young adult members. i don't know if the free giveaways are still there but the membership drive is still going, so go out and recruit! $62 in todays economy is a great value.

Membership drives sometime take a bit of time to get rolling at full speed. I expect that the membership will exceed 5200 by the time NARAM 53 begins in July. If things really work out well, we can hit 5300 by NARAM 53 and set a membership high point.

John

Actually, I rejoined a couple of weeks ago. I got my paperwork on Friday and recerted high-power on Saturday. No freebies received but I wasn't looking for any. Count me in on those numbers.

Back