NAR Manufacturers Forum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28 kits now in the lineup, my X-15's sold out now after the presentation, but will be back with 3-d printed cones!:)

Frank

Dynasoar: Frank Burke continues his prodigious output of lightweight RC glider kits. I think he said there are 26 different ones in production. He currently has an actual RC gliding BOMARC available.

Last edited:
This is what I was looking at in the eRockets segment. The large dark blue/white rocket next to the Orbital Transport in the back.
Hard to tell for sure if that's an original size or upscale of a Mars Snooper. Based on how far it stands up vs the height of the BBZ, I think it's most likely about the size of the Estes BT-55 upscale. Original was 21.7" tall, the BT-55 would scale to about 28" high.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you're looking at the one on the right or left of the OT, but the one on the right is an original size Blue Bird Zero. The one on the left is about the height of a Mars Snooper in vintage livery, but the fins & pods aren't visible.
Yes it’s the one to the left. I’m guessing another upscale prototype.

I'm not sure if you're looking at the one on the right or left of the OT, but the one on the right is an original size Blue Bird Zero (BT-55). The one on the left is about the height of an original Mars Snooper in vintage livery, but the fins & pods aren't visible. An SLS/Pro sized one would be bigger, I think. Bill Stine said the Estes big snooper was BT-55, which would make it about a 30% upscale from the BT-50/BT-20 original.
I’m thinking all of the 3 in the back appear to be upscales. At about the 1:35:30 mark the OT and BBZ are brought over to where Randy is sitting. The Snooper is still in the back. It would be larger than the Estes version. Check out the video again and see what you think.

I’m thinking all of the 3 in the back appear to be upscales. At about the 1:35:30 mark the OT and BBZ are brought over to where Randy is sitting. The Snooper is still in the back. It would be larger than the Estes version. Check out the video again and see what you think.
Ahh that BBZ was sitting on the floor! maybe 7 ft tall which would be right for a 2.6" tube. The OT is bigger than it looks, though it is sitting on the shelf, so that's gotta be an upscale Snooper. eRockets probably will not be able to reissue that since Estes is going back into production of that model.

How many of you are buying the erockets’ extraction tool?

How old is the wood paneling in Bill’s office?

on The Rocket Show, Bill said they are going through the old catalogs looking for favorites to reproduce. I imagine the Mars Snooper is in this vane.

Ahh that BBZ was sitting on the floor! maybe 7 ft tall which would be right for a 2.6" tube. The OT is bigger than it looks, though it is sitting on the shelf, so that's gotta be an upscale Snooper. eRockets probably will not be able to reissue that since Estes is going back into production of that model.
That eRockets Snooper looks way bigger than the Estes version. Hopefully it gets figured out.

That eRockets Snooper looks way bigger than the Estes version. Hopefully it gets figured out.

About being able to put the upscale Mars Snooper into production. That won't be a problem because Semroc currently produces a Retro Repro Mars Snooper. Considering what size it will be, here is a picture of the prototype that we have built. The final size may be slightly different because we no longer carry the tubes that this one was made from. All of the "Pro Line" will have 29mm motor mounts.

Attachments

• Mars Snooper at NMUSAF.jpg
    Mars Snooper at NMUSAF.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 25
About being able to put the upscale Mars Snooper into production. That won't be a problem because Semroc currently produces a Retro Repro Mars Snooper. Considering what size it will be, here is a picture of the prototype that we have built. The final size may be slightly different because we no longer carry the tubes that this one was made from. All of the "Pro Line" will have 29mm motor mounts.
A lot of great mid-power kits to look forward to this fall! Semroc “Pro” kits, an X-15 from Apogee!

Nice! Glad to hear we'll have a selection of Snoopers this year.

Back