NAR HPR Certification Processing Times

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Campbell

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
How long does it take the NAR to process an application for a Level 1 certification? I emailed a PDF of my cert application on 30 Nov and I still show up in the database as "No HPR Certification". Also, I haven't received any feedback on my application either. Does anyone have any insight?

How long does it take the NAR to process an application for a Level 1 certification? I emailed a PDF of my cert application on 30 Nov and I still show up in the database as "No HPR Certification". Also, I haven't received any feedback on my application either. Does anyone have any insight?
Beginning of November the turnaround for me was 4 days between email and reply from NAR, which seems pretty good. I don't k ow when the DB got updated.

From the NAR Electronic Rocketeer, December 2021, Volume 149
NAR Membership Cards​

When you join or renew in the NAR, or earn a new high power certification level, the process for getting a new membership card to you typically takes about 4-5 weeks. The card changes are sent weekly to a fulfillment company that prints and mails them in batches.

There are links to the verification page of the website but this is a busy time of year for everyone, even voluntary people in national organizations. Your corner of your application that was signed by you and witnesses will allow you to buy motors and fly L1 at any NAR launch and, likely, any Tripoli launch, too.

I had my L2 flight on November 20th, sent it in the following Tuesday or Wednesday and got the notification that the application for certification was processed last Friday. 3 weeks.

This is a question that gets asked frequently, especially in the NAR Facebook group. I have read there that NAR only sends out new credentials once each month because they are handled in batches.

This is a question that gets asked frequently, especially in the NAR Facebook group. I have read there that NAR only sends out new credentials once each month because they are handled in batches.
That's true of the physical cards, but not of the processing and updating of member electronic profiles (at least, not in my case).

That's true of the physical cards, but not of the processing and updating of member electronic profiles (at least, not in my case).
True, but uploading the member database from hq to the website (assuming it’s separate for security) probably doesn’t happen each time a member is certified. I would expect that’s on a schedule of its own.

Back