NAR Certification Contacts for MDRA ? ? ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMcCauley

Reaction score
Good morning,

I wanted to see if anyone could provide me contact information for doing HPR certification (NAR) at MDRA. I see a number of contacts on the MDRA website, but unfortunately, there are no email addresses or phone numbers. I have also used the web form, but I have not received any replies from anyone with that. I live quite a ways from the MDRA launch sites, so I want to make arrangements beforehand for an L2 certification attempt.

Previously, I have been certified by L3 (Fred Wallace and Neil McGilray) with TRA and have flown L3 rockets for several years at MDRA. But since my 2nd and 3rd child came along, I had to take a lengthy hiatus and my certification expired. So now I have recertify from L2.

If anyone could contact me either through this thread or via PM with names and emails / phone numbers, that would be most helpful.

Thanks again everyone

Daniel McCauley

Did you already pass the exam, or will you need to take the exam before making the flight?

The nice thing about NAR and L2 is that any two persons L2 or above can certify you. I'd be happy to. Bob Utley, club pres., can sign, as well as Robert DeHate and Gloria Robinson of AMW-ProX, who attend every launch.

All you need to do is contact the board of directors to let them know what you are planning, to make sure the rocket/motor combo fit the field, and what date. Bring along the cert paperwork, and ask the board to have the exam papers there if needed.

I will send you a PM with names and e-mails, since I don't want to put that in a public forum.

Just like it requires only one L2 certified flyer to sign off on a L1 certification, only one L3 certified flyer can sign off on a L2.

NAR adopted a policy a while back (2012) where certification levels are forever. After a lapse in membership you can get your old certification level restored:

NAR HPR certifications, once earned, are valid whenever NAR membership is current, and are reinstated after membership lapses.

Just like it requires only one L2 certified flyer to sign off on a L1 certification, only one L3 certified flyer can sign off on a L2.

NAR adopted a policy a while back (2012) where certification levels are forever. After a lapse in membership you can get your old certification level restored:

Thanks. Yes, this is why I am certifying with NAR this time around.

Back