NAR Announces First-Ever Membership Drive

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmmoGirl

Reaction score
The National Association of Rocketry recently announced details for its first-ever membership drive, "52 by 52".

Between January 1, 2010 and the first day of NARAM-52 (July 31) the NAR is taking some extraordinary new steps to encourage new members to join. We ask that every current NAR member contribute to this campaign by actively recruiting rocketeers of all ages and interests to join the NAR. Our goal is to reach 5200 members by NARAM 52, which is an increase of approximately 700 members.

Here are the special benefits and incentives that will apply during the membership drive:

• New members will get a free kit from Semroc, one from Quest and a free hat from Aerotech, shipped directly to them (please thank these NAR-supporting companies!)

• Manufacturers will put ads for the NAR on their websites, and will get discounts on future Sport Rocketry ads for each new member we get from these

• Current NAR members will get a $5 cash bonus for each new member they recruit (new member must include recruiting member's NAR number on their application)

• Sections will get a $5 cash bonus for each unit of growth in total NAR member count on their section's roster compared to this count in 2009

If you have questions about "52 by 52", please contact me at [email protected], or PM me here.

Thank you for your support!

Carol Marple, 86280 L1
Chair, NAR Membership Committee

This looks to me like it is a win-win for everyone. Plus easy money for NAR members!

Is there a source for NAR pamphlets/fliers that people could leave in their local hobby store?

I was hoping it would be my NAR number. :D

The NAR application is being updated to include space for the recruiting member's name and NAR number. The updated app. will be posted to the NAR website as soon as it's ready.

We also have a color, tri-fold brochure that can be used for recruiting. Copies can be obtained from Marie at NAR Headquarters.

Thanks!

Carol

Two questions :

- Is there anyone here that can look up my old NAR number ?
Forst one to find my old number gets THEIR number as referal on my aplication.

- What are the two kits ?

NAR HQ can look up your old number. Call and/or e-mail them.

"HQ" = "Marie"

"Them" = "Marie"

Back