Naperville officer attack

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksaves2

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Oh my gosh. A full body cam video was released of an officer being attacked in Naperville, Illinois in June. He did a routine traffic stop and some stupid guy pulled up and tried to take out the officer with a hatchet. Six rounds from his automatic put the perp down. I just don't know why someone would be so stupid to do this. Officer is calling for an ambulance for the guy as is S.O.P. but was distressed he had to fire and shoot him down. Kurt
Paste and track to get to the full video if it's not taken down.

Looks like "suicide by cop" to me, otherwise why would this guy pull such a stunt?

Holy crap! If that dude didn't fumble with getting his car into park, that story might have ended differently. he gave that cop plenty of time to assess and react, thankfully.

I would like to know what the investigation turns up to see if there is history between this person and the officer, or if this guy has had previous incidents with this or any police department. This guy looked to have some sort of body armor on, or some sort of pack. As he fell after being shot things started to eject from this guys person. I would like to know what kind of objects these were.
He may not have been trying a suicide by cop, but it clearly, to me, looks as if this guy was prepared and had planned to do something like this.
In his haste to surprise the office and possibly do fatal harm to him, he fails to secure his vehicle properly. Taking the surprise attack advantage away, giving the officer time to react quickly from his training.
The background of this guy, to me, I'm sure will give many answers to why this occurred.
His choice of weapon is odd to say the least. The passing of recent new laws may have caused this guy to loose some firearms and "flip out"?
Wanting to take revenge on law enforcement officers.
Law enforcement officers are too often to blame for actions of politicians that are not as easy accessible.
To me it looked as if this guy had planned to do something beginning his day. And he was looking for and opportunity and found one.
To me he was clearly out to do fatal harm if he could.
This will forever be on the officers mind and will no doubt effect his life, as will it the people in the vehicle pulled over for a traffic violation. I hope that no children were in the vehicle!
I can't imagine witnessing an event like this from any perspective. But I live in a peaceful small rural town, and enjoy the absents of such insanity.

Back