Name That Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

jqavins

Gone beardless since then
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
An interim name for Saturday is acceptable, with a permanent name to follow. May I suggest GURSH, the Great Unnamed Rocket SHip?

neil_w

Tenet Rocketworks
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
For all the talk about those fins, I feel we are not giving adequate props to that gold/black fade. Apart from the fact that it's a very good fade, it just looks damn sweet in those two colors. Black and gold will always remind me of the 70's and 80's when that was the killer color combination for hot cars, e.g.:
1632403804939.png

(here's a quickie article about that very car)

Old School Doug

Too energetic an ejection charge ??
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
An interim name for Saturday is acceptable, with a permanent name to follow. May I suggest GURSH, the Great Unnamed Rocket SHip?
GURSH......I'm thinking that this just HAS to be the catch-all name for any build prior to naming!! Kudos Joe!

icyclops

Reaction score
I love the concept, but I'm thinking there could be some 'interesting' aeroelastic deformation of those fins going on when it leaves the pad.

Without the stiffness afforded by a continuous cylinder, I'd be worried about those unsupported leading edges deflecting in random ways, altering trajectory.

Really hope I am wrong, and that you have a successful launch.
I have been launching curved fin rockets for many years…..they work fine with little or no flutter. Of course the thicker the better, but have had no problems off the rod.

1632454163537.jpeg

Old School Doug

Too energetic an ejection charge ??
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Black Hydra…..reminds me of the 6 headed creature from Greek mythology. Has that nice flow to it……cut one fin off…2 more grow back. :)

Going to go with a slight variation ....CF Hydra ! This was a hard decision. Y'all came through with so many good options.

KenECoyote

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking "Biohazard" because of the fins even before you posted the view from the rear. :)