"Name That Kit!" Contest: Thrustline

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Yea, sure. I get this great idea for a kit and even a name for it only to find out that there is a Quest kit that has the same name. "Why don't you have a contest on TRF for a name?", my wife says. Not a bad idea....

Okay here are the contest rules.

-One submission per person
-A submission may include up to 5 names!
-Include name, TRF Handle, e-mail address, and mailing address
-Nothing offensive (This is for sale to general public)
-Thrustline reserves the right to use any and all submitted names (not your name, the name you submit for the kit:D ) now or whenever.
-All submissions must be submitted no later than 9PM (EST), March 31st 2006.
-Winner will be announced on or before April 10th, 2006.
-You may submit by e-mail: [email protected], or regular mail:
Thrustline Aerospace, PO BOX 2111, Amherst MA 01004
-Winner will be notified by whatever method they submitted their entry.

Okay, here's what you are playing for...

The kit that needs naming, #2, signed by me! :D

Here is the run down on the kit that needs naming:

Style: Military
Height: 33 inches
Dia. 1.637
Span:10 inches
Engines: C6-3, C11-5, D12-5, E9-6
Recovery: 18" RS Chute
Weight: 5oz.

Some of the Highlights of the kit...
-Laser cut fins
-Laser cut rings
-Baffle System
-Rip-Stop Chute
-Kevlar Recovery
-24mm Adapter included
-Water Slide Decal
...and more to come

Some hints for winning...
When I designed this kit, I thought it might make a neat shoulder launched weapon which would be specifically used for penetrating the hull of a modern tank, or other armoured vehicle.

Here is an illustration of the final design!

penn.jpg

Penetrator.jpg

Another nice-looking design, John. At only 5 oz, that thing ought to scream on an E9.

Well just for the record I was one of the first on that list... it means a lot to me!

:::: Fake Tears ::::

Originally posted by Countdown
Well just for the record I was one of the first on that list... it means a lot to me!

:::: Fake Tears ::::

So noted (handing virtual hanky) (Now patting on back). And those are some darn good entries , nice job.

Speaking of which. Do you guys remember the last contest I posted all the name s at the end, I'll do that again this time as well.

We actually have two winners.

Tucker5246...with his submission of ATW

and...

jimn...with his submission of Scorpion

The new kit name will be "Scorpion ATW"

Originally posted by flying_silverad
We actually have two winners.

Tucker5246...with his submission of ATW

and...

jimn...with his submission of Scorpion

The new kit name will be "Scorpion ATW"

Thank you, thank you. I would like to thank my parents, my agent, the director, screenwriter, set designer ... the girl next door ...

Jimn

Originally posted by Jimn
Thank you, thank you. I would like to thank my parents, my agent, the director, screenwriter, set designer ... the girl next door ...

Jimn

Now thats funny!:D

Thanks John!

Not to rain on the parade, but isn't ATW already out there, offered by Custom? I think they even call it the anti-tank weapon...

Originally posted by chanstevens
Not to rain on the parade, but isn't ATW already out there, offered by Custom? I think they even call it the anti-tank weapon...

Well, I did some research on this. ATW is a common acronym for Anti-Tank Weapon. I actually saw it used in an article in Defense Review specifically referred to the AT4 Anti Armour Weapon as an ATW. Also, it will be used in combination with the word Scorpion. I'll drop an e-mail to the guys at Custom and see how they feel about it.

Hey Silver,
ATGM is another acronym. It stands for anti-tank guided missile. ATR is also used which stands for anti-tank rocket.
Cheers
fred

Originally posted by fred22
Hey Silver,
ATGM is another acronym. It stands for anti-tank guided missile. ATR is also used which stands for anti-tank rocket.
Cheers
fred

I wrote Custom today and all though "ATW" is a common acronym, they would prefer I not use it. Far be it from me to be the center of a HUGE debate so the NEW name shall be....

"SCORPION ATGW"....which of course stands for Anti-Tank-Guided-Weapon.
TUCKER2456 Will still recieve a free kit because I picked ATW originally and still think (I'm taking this one to the grave) that it was the better name.

Oh and if your all wondering where I got ATGW...it's right out of one of the coolest tank books.... Jane's Tank Recognition Guide
Hey...it could have been APFSDS. Any takers as to what that stands for?:D

Yes, but I'd rather not run the risk of having my account deleted. :eek: :D ;)

Armour piercing fin stabilised discarding sabot round.
Good pick silver.
Cheers
fred

I wrote Custom today and all though "ATW" is a common acronym, they would prefer I not use it. Far be it from me to be the center of a HUGE debate so the NEW name shall be....

"SCORPION ATGW"....which of course stands for Anti-Tank-Guided-Weapon.
TUCKER2456 Will still recieve a free kit because I picked ATW originally and still think (I'm taking this one to the grave) that it was the better name.

Oh and if your all wondering where I got ATGW...it's right out of one of the coolest tank books.... Jane's Tank Recognition Guide

Thank You John. I had no idea that Custom had a rocket with that name. When I came up with ATW I thought about the acronym and the Thristline ATM, that my son is currently building.

I apologize for any problems this may have caused.

Keith

"APFSDS. Any takers as to what that stands for?"

Armor Piercing, Fin Stabalized, Discarding Scabot

Back