Mysterious Metal Monolith Found in Utah (I'm not kidding)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a fence? Where's this fence? I would like to go see this fence. I will pack a wag bag.

It’s an apelisk.
Upscale it and put it next to the Washington Monument.
Maybe the alien mental vibes it pulses will result in a spirit of bipartisanship and cooperation for the betterment of this nation and the world...........
Wait for it............
NAH!
A fun little exercise is when they are chanting "Christ is King", to imagine them saying "Allahu Akbar" instead. Pay attention to your own reaction when doing this, no matter what "side of the fence" you stand on such things. Did anything change for you?
I guess nut jobs can be pious too.

That was a joke . . . I can’t accurately peg somebody’s personality from their posts. It just seemed the right time to pull out that old joke.

Before I retired, a coworker used that joke on me almost weekly . . . that and telling me my head has done wore out two bodies. My head is rounder than most heads and even though it looks big, my hat size is only 7-1/4. Now, Bruce Bochy HAS a big head!
No it’s real...built by an American artist causing lots of speculation due to his secrecy of not telling anyone until it was placed and seen as an unknown

No it’s real...built by an American artist causing lots of speculation due to his secrecy of not telling anyone until it was placed and seen as an unknown

???? My comment you quoted was regarding the joke about being a nice guy when he’s sleeping, not the monolith.

EDIIT: This post was meant for a different thread, but somehow Aliens mysteriously moved it here, and when I tried to remove it, the system would not allow it. Freakin’ Aliens.

Here is my foam rocket I made a couple of years ago. It is a lot smaller than your V2 will be, but I used a V2-inspired paint job on it. These big, contrasting, color-block patterns look really cool in flight, and they photograph well.

This rocket is sort of designed to look like an upscale Big Daddy. It’s 7” in diameter and about 4’ tall. So it is close In size to my Warlock, but my Warlock weighs almost 6 pounds, while this guy just weighs 4. Before I fiberglass’s and painted it, it was under 3 pounds, and I flew it at low power motors on G motors — big Class 1 rocket!

CBC208D9-9912-4C77-886A-311AB918D7FE.jpeg

25842F8A-3929-4DB5-8D35-38F3D1A10E5B.jpeg

574C00FE-8A99-449D-8FA5-A2D4F7E67B7D.jpeg

0FC63825-9FAD-45BA-89E3-D5AA74B0C845.jpeg

Great shots!!!

The foam rocket pictures? I have some rocket buddies who are very skilled photographers and have good cameras. They take great rocket pictures. I can’t believe I posted them to the wrong thread, but I guess they aren’t that much more off topic than anything else being posted here!

Yup, the foam rocket shots! You do have some skilled rocket buddies...

And yes, the pics were about as on-topic as anything else here! (And I suppose you left footprints and dog barf all over that pristine farmland you and your buddies were visiting... 🤪 )

Ooh, it's very shiny, my favorite so far.

I'm not familiar with monolith rules. Can you build your own, or are they required to appear mysteriously?

It's like a USPS delivery. It has to arrive unexpectedly, late and probably damaged. :D

I would out one up in my front yard but HOA rules forbid it. I would put some apes around it, reaching out to touch it.

I think that it's been definitively shown that if you put it up, sooner or later the apes will find it on their own.

Uh oh, hope the monolith doesn't speed up bears evolution.
This could be the Planet of the Bears in a couple of thousand years.
Heh.

Take a look around you, especially those age 40 and younger . . . Clear evidence of "de-evolution" !

The Bears are not moving forward . . . People are moving backward !

Dave F.

Oh, that might be the next Discovery Channel rocketry series... "Can these steely-eyed rocketeers launch a monolith into the atmosphere without it spiraling out of control? Find out... right after this commercial."

Back