Mysterious Metal Monolith Found in Utah (I'm not kidding)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard that the aliens removed it and took it to another planet in hopes of finding better potential there.

Ez2cDave,

Are you saying that the aliens think the human stock is better in Romania?? The aliens think that Americans lack potential? That's why I heard it went to another planet. LOL

And.....a guy in Romania (quite crafty people, ya know) seen the thing on the net, and decided to make one of his own and place it somewhere in Romania....
Clearly, a copy cat. Don't be surprised if more show up around the World now!
Or some group of ya-ho's got together to pull this hoax.
If a space ship lands in the parking lot, I'll go out and great them. I got nothing to loose.

And.....a guy in Romania (quite crafty people, ya know) seen the thing on the net, and decided to make one of his own and place it somewhere in Romania....
Clearly, a copy cat. Don't be surprised if more show up around the World now!
Or some group of ya-ho's got together to pull this hoax.
If a space ship lands in the parking lot, I'll go out and great them. I got nothing to loose.

Maybe the Romanian one is the "real" one and the Utah one is the "copycat" . . .

Dave F.

There's a new one. This time in California.

I've changed my mind......please everyone* make the trip there right now and see it. Make sure you take a selfie next to it. Travel in any manner you wish, be sure to leave some trash around, and maybe even crap in the bushes nearby.

(* = everyone except Zbench of course. I still officially decree that he is not allowed to go there).

ssixsixsix

Last edited:
Just glad it’s gone. Don’t need people pooping in the desert.:mad:
Just my guess, I think Dave Urbanek put it there, lol.

I've changed my mind......please everyone* make the trip there right now and see it. Make sure you take a selfie next to it. Travel in any manner you wish, be sure to leave some trash around, and maybe even crap in the bushes nearby.

(* = everyone except Zbench of course. I still officially decree that he is not allowed to go there).

ssixsixsix
I’ll bet that you’re a real nice guy . . . when you’re asleep.

I’ll bet that you’re a real nice guy . . . when you’re asleep.

You know....fair enough, I'll take that hit.
Although my post (that you are reacting to) was actually meant with a bit more light-hearted jest, and even a bit of self-mockery,than I think you took it as. But still, it was a cheap shot, perhaps a little too mean spirited, and more importantly unnecessary. And that's my bad; I'll own it.

Consider this an apology/retraction (especially to Zbench). I'll even delete it if y'all think I should.

But am I nice when I'm asleep? Well, I do snore sometimes, so there is that I suppose.

s6

ssixsixsix

I’m on my way. I’ll make sure to leave many many cairns along the trail.:)

You know....fair enough, I'll take that hit.
Although my post (that you are reacting to) was actually meant with a bit more light-hearted jest, and even a bit of self-mockery,than I think you took it as. But still, it was a cheap shot, perhaps a little too mean spirited, and more importantly unnecessary. And that's my bad; I'll own it.

Consider this an apology/retraction (especially to Zbench). I'll even delete it if y'all think I should.

But am I nice when I'm asleep? Well, I do snore sometimes, so there is that I suppose.

s6
That was a joke . . . I can’t accurately peg somebody’s personality from their posts. It just seemed the right time to pull out that old joke.

Before I retired, a coworker used that joke on me almost weekly . . . that and telling me my head has done wore out two bodies. My head is rounder than most heads and even though it looks big, my hat size is only 7-1/4. Now, Bruce Bochy HAS a big head!

Last edited:
So, the misunderstanding (apparently mine) is a function of your joking about my joking. Ahhh, internet "communication" - ain't it great?
Perhaps I should now say that my apology is also just a joke.....that would keep things nice and confused.

s6

Latest monolith update:

The California one was torn down. By a bunch of people chanting "Christ is King", who then put up a cross in it's place.

The cross has also since disappeared.

In the end, the whole point of this is going to be this......we are all just a bunch of apes screeching, jumping around, and beating on things with bones.

s6

So, the misunderstanding (apparently mine) is a function of your joking about my joking. Ahhh, internet "communication" - ain't it great?
Perhaps I should now say that my apology is also just a joke.....that would keep things nice and confused.

s6

I still don’t like the idea of all those yahoo’s making new tracks out there in the desert and pooping all over the place.

BTW, I joked about Dave Urbanek being the one who dumped the obelisk out there in the first place, you know him? I was out there in Utah in 2000, at NARAM Forty-Two, Pony Express Missile Test Range, where I launched a rocket on an I200 and never saw the rocket again. Dave’s group walked the range afterwards and found my rocket and probably many others too. He sent it back to me free of charge, that was very cool of him. I also picked up a cool set of Dr. Rocket 38mm cases and closures, except for the 1080 case, that are dark red with black tye die running through them. They also have NARAM Forty-Two and the dates July 29 - August 4 Estesland, CO laser-etched on them. Was an all-around good trip for me that year. Stayed with a good rocketeer, Woody, and his family in Toolee. A couple other rocketeer friends of his stayed there too, Dennis McNally and Jim Amos of Missileworks. We sat out in Woody’s driveway each night and man could they tell tales while putting away the beer. I remember Woody saying that all his Mormon neighbors would put their empty beer bottles in his trash so the Elder wouldn’t catch them. I also left a new pair of tennis shoes behind on Woody’s porch that hopefully his teenage son could make use of.

So, the guys who pulled down the California one apparently live-streamed video of them doing it. I don't have a link but it's pretty easy to google and see.

A fun little exercise is when they are chanting "Christ is King", to imagine them saying "Allahu Akbar" instead. Pay attention to your own reaction when doing this, no matter what "side of the fence" you stand on such things. Did anything change for you?

s6

Back