Mysterious Metal Monolith Found in Utah (I'm not kidding)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2b1e06e902bb95fe155b98420c5c5918.jpg

This article they are proposing by looking at historic Google Earth images the monolith has been there since 2016.
It is in the mid of nowhere and would have required a group to get materials to the site. Appears to be 1500-2000 straight line feet from a bad dirt road.
38.343080°, -109.666190°

https://www.hisutton.com/Utah-Mystery-Monolith.html

Summer Solstice 2049, aliens openly land at Stonehenge.
BBC correspondent covering solstice festivities asks while gesturing toward the henge, "And so, now that you have landed, are you the ones who built that?"
The 2 aliens look at each other for a moment.
Looking back toward the BBC correspondent, "Well, actually, since you live here we expected you would know."

This article they are proposing by looking at historic Google Earth images the monolith has been there since 2016.
It is in the mid of nowhere and would have required a group to get materials to the site. Appears to be 1500-2000 straight line feet from a bad dirt road.
38.343080°, -109.666190°

https://www.hisutton.com/Utah-Mystery-Monolith.html
Looking at Google,that's not a walk in the park. I think it's neat, I hope it stays but they may need to remove it to prevent the onslaught of polylinths!

Wow, it can even be seen from space. What is it in height and width? But there is probably a logical explanation for this. After all, if it comes to that, then you can make an analysis of what this ingot consists of.

I want to know if it's solid, or if it's thin and hollow.
If there are any weld, grinding marks on it.
If it's a solid hunk of (Stainless Steel? Not rusting) that kind of limits how it would get there.
Also, there is very few places that could produce that size hunk of SS.
If it's hollow, any bass ackwards welding monkey could have put it there.
I would also like to know how deep it goes into the ground, if it does at all.
Maybe, just maybe....it's an elevator shaft to the Alien Underworld of the Ant & Lizard People?

I want to know if it's solid, or if it's thin and hollow.
If there are any weld, grinding marks on it.
If it's a solid hunk of (Stainless Steel? Not rusting) that kind of limits how it would get there.
Also, there is very few places that could produce that size hunk of SS.
If it's hollow, any bass ackwards welding monkey could have put it there.
I would also like to know how deep it goes into the ground, if it does at all.
Maybe, just maybe....it's an elevator shaft to the Alien Underworld of the Ant & Lizard People?

Along the vertical edges there appear to be fasteners or spot welds.

M

So, this is "in my neighborhood". Very close to where I live (relatively to you all anyway). And I hike in these canyons regularly.
It has been known about for a while by some of us locals.
It is real and not a hoax. Really. Trust me. Would I be sly about such a thing?

Some of the info being stated about it's location is not exactly correct.
It is certainly "pretty far out there", but it is not quite so remote as is being claimed, nor is it in the Maze District of Canyonlands National Park.
Yes I do know "exactly where it is", but no I will not assist you in getting there, nor will I confirm anyone's guesses or theories about it's actual location.

One thing (in actual seriousness) I would like to say though is that this area is being completely hammered by idiots tearing up the desert. WAY too many yahoos getting their thrills trashing the place. PLEASE....the last thing we need is to attract even more hordes of douchebags ripping around doing even more damage just to add one more "experience" to their list of things they did (and posted a selfie of themselves on social media) to show everyone how cool they were. Really, DO NOT come here on some stupid adventure to find this thing. So, it's out there and it's unique.....but so what? Do you really need to go see it for yourselves, just to add one more "did it" to your list. Check it out online, see the photos and videos that have already been posted (and there will be more I'm sure), and feel the sense of wonder, and yes even "coolness", but don't be one more in the line of idiots out there trashing the place just to take your selfie with it. I'm sure you can still lead a full and "awesome" life even if you don't have a picture of yourself standing next to this. And please, please, please, anyone who gets the idea that doing something like this yourself (just to show how unique, creative, and interesting you yourself are).....just don't.

For what it's worth, while I obviously have some negative views on this thing, yes even I have a part of me that thinks it's pretty cool.

No, I will not post a picture of myself next to it. Besides, maybe the whole thing is a hoax, right?

s6

So, this is "in my neighborhood". Very close to where I live (relatively to you all anyway). And I hike in these canyons regularly.
It has been known about for a while by some of us locals.
It is real and not a hoax. Really. Trust me. Would I be sly about such a thing?

Some of the info being stated about it's location is not exactly correct.
It is certainly "pretty far out there", but it is not quite so remote as is being claimed, nor is it in the Maze District of Canyonlands National Park.
Yes I do know "exactly where it is", but no I will not assist you in getting there, nor will I confirm anyone's guesses or theories about it's actual location.

One thing (in actual seriousness) I would like to say though is that this area is being completely hammered by idiots tearing up the desert. WAY too many yahoos getting their thrills trashing the place. PLEASE....the last thing we need is to attract even more hordes of douchebags ripping around doing even more damage just to add one more "experience" to their list of things they did (and posted a selfie of themselves on social media) to show everyone how cool they were. Really, DO NOT come here on some stupid adventure to find this thing. So, it's out there and it's unique.....but so what? Do you really need to go see it for yourselves, just to add one more "did it" to your list. Check it out online, see the photos and videos that have already been posted (and there will be more I'm sure), and feel the sense of wonder, and yes even "coolness", but don't be one more in the line of idiots out there trashing the place just to take your selfie with it. I'm sure you can still lead a full and "awesome" life even if you don't have a picture of yourself standing next to this. And please, please, please, anyone who gets the idea that doing something like this yourself (just to show how unique, creative, and interesting you yourself are).....just don't.

For what it's worth, while I obviously have some negative views on this thing, yes even I have a part of me that thinks it's pretty cool.

No, I will not post a picture of myself next to it. Besides, maybe the whole thing is a hoax, right?

s6

Maybe you should have a word with the aliens.

I'm surprised Winston didn't get to this one first.

View attachment 439852
Looks like it doesn't appear till 2016 or early 2017.
Given today's world it doesn't seem that mysterious.

Maybe the jokers from Oak Island can investigate...

The only mystery about that show is why its still on.
(Yes I know lemmings watch so advertisers will pay)

Last edited:
Now that this has made headline news, let's see how many more of these "mysterious monoliths" begin to appear all over the world.

I may not know much, but I do know that people really like attention.

My guess is a student or indie film crew.
I think they need to be identified and then fined for illegal dumping.
If that is in the national park there is probably some other fines that can be assessed as well :).

Oh wait, does that make me a "hater"?

Now that this has made headline news, let's see how many more of these "mysterious monoliths" begin to appear all over the world.

I may not know much, but I do know that people really like attention.
It really pitiful that people try to make the world more fascinating than it already is.
They don't stand a chance against nature.

Back