Mylar q?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
Im just wondering how much mylar costs vuagley (spelling)... after school i went down to fabric bonanza cause i needed some fabric and i got some mylar... something i think went wrong at the cashier and i got about 18 square feet for 3 bucks...

Did it come in a package? If it did you can pick it up for about $2.00 at Hobby Lobby. It is by the gift wrap. The only thing that I do not like about this Mylar is that it a thicker then the stuff that we use. The thinner the better it works. It is hard to finr the thin stuff the thicker will work this is what we used to do our design and testing with. We have tought about selling sheets of Mylar by them self but are not to sure if there would be a great interest in it.

Go check out your local outdoor store (Academy, Oshmon's, sporting goods section of W-mart) and look for a little package with one 'space blanket' for about $2 or 3

This is silvered mylar, about 6 ft by 4-5 ft (?) when unfolded
Unfortunately, when unfolded it comes out all wrinkled and you have to iron it rather carefully to flatten it out back to a smooth sheet

This is supposed to be wrapped around your bod when you are stuck outside overnight to help retain body heat. Dunno about that but it works just fine for parachute material

A few years ago my wife ran the Boston Marathon (she thought it was a good idea at the time). When the runners finish they are given a space blanket to wrap up in. It is one of these mylar sheets with the BAA logo al over it. After the racers leave there are hundreds of them all over the place. I must have grabbed thirty or forty of them. I use them for all sorts of things and now I'll have a Boston Mara-chute:cool:
Thanks for the tip
Bob

very cool, I often pick the stuff up after parties, not that I need it....my uncle bought a huge sheet of parachute material (has the space shuttle on it) it is like the stuff estes uses except thicker.

Back