Quantcast

My Wildman 3X Andromeda Carbon Fiber

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

mbeels

Yes balsa
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
That orange inside looks great, definitely worth it! Wow, what a rocket!

Ulexis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like it will be a beauty. I'm so sad mine is just sitting in a box. Maybe next year. I can't wait to see how one of these flies!

Wally Ferrer

SRE
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
🤔 I don't know... it would certainly make me extra nervous, but so what? I'll at least be thinking about it now...

Tim51

Reaction score
IMHO with some rockets (even after simming and ground testing), one still has to learn the idiosyncrasies of how to fly them. Apart from any potential fragility issues (not to cast aspersions on your clearly excellent building skills of course), I'm thinking this might be a rocket that has a high 'chute gore tangle factor' (unfortunately I can't remember the algebraic expression for that right now, but you get the picture). So a flawless deployment might be something you have to perfect over several flights, trying different sizes of drogue etc. Therefore I'd say if you do use it for your L2 cert flight, get to know it first by flying it on some big L1 motors. Just my £0.02.

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Wally Ferrer

SRE
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks- I haven't played with the sims yet, nor do I have a final weight. I'll assemble it with all the hardware and laundry tomorrow, probably, to get a final mass override. I think I have a choice of chutes in my current possession, but depending on what the scale reveals, I might have to source an appropriately sized main.