My wife's L1 flight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetricRocketeer

Member of the US Metric Association
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi TRF colleagues,

My wife Susan made a successful L1 flight at NARAM-62. Her beautifully painted LOC/Precision V2 (PK-57) went up nice and straight on a Cesaroni H123 29 mm Skidmark.

Then it got lost in the beanfields. She spent several days and hours searching for it, but she finally found it.

She made this very nice PowerPoint highlighting the flight.

Stanley

Attachments

• Level I Certification.pptx
    2.4 MB · Views: 105
Congratulations! Glad she found it - that’s too nice an L1 cert rocket to lose. Good to see a V-2 in a “fantasy” paint scheme, V-2s seem to attract some real “rivet counter” type builders - really nice to see someone having fun with a V-2 kit for fun’s sake 😎

Congratulations to your beloved, nice flight, nice paint! I wish my wife was interested... I keep trying to inch her toward the sport, but her feet carry her toward other interests.... She says she doesn't want her rocket coming down in other peoples' yards, no matter how much I pound home the point that it's all about stability, and give her tons of information to back it up!

Ok, I hope you have a good sense of humor, but with a handle and subtitle like that I couldn't resist. Nice flight, really, that's a beautiful job!

(Jeesh... you're liable to come back with a Lucy van Pelt quote--- "I oughta slug you!")

Last edited:
Congratulations! Great paint scheme.

Gorgeous design, she knocked it out of the park. I can only imagine the nerves while walking through soy beans searching for your L1 cert bird!!!!! Glad that it all turned out well.

Congratulations to your beloved, nice flight, nice paint! I wish my wife was interested... I keep trying to inch her toward the sport, but her feet carry her toward other interests.... She says she doesn't want her rocket coming down in other peoples' yards, no matter how much I pound home the point that it's all about stability, and give her tons of information to back it up!

Ok, I hope you have a good sense of humor, but with a handle and subtitle like that I couldn't resist. Nice flight, really, that's a beautiful job!

(Jeesh... you're liable to come back with a Lucy van Pelt quote--- "I oughta slug you!")
Very funny. I do appreciate the humor.

Congratulations to your wife getting her L1. I'm glad she found her V2, it's a beauty!
It was also very nice having dinner with you and your wife at the banquet Friday evening.

Congratulations!! I love the paint. An 'A' for perseverance in finding the rocket. Susan, you truly earned your certification. The Power Point is really a nice touch. What a memorable L1 cert. I am impressed.

Jim

Latest posts

Back