Well I say congrats to Mrs. Bowhunter.
I would have thought that we have all built TP rockets at some point. Here's one I built with my niece one day when we didn't have any rocket supplies. It is 3 paper towel rolls joined by TP roll couplers, a styrofoam egg carton nose cone, and fins cut from styrofoam dinner plates. The plates warped; so for each fin, I cut 2 pieces and glued them together so that each ones curve offset the other and kept them straight. It flies beautifully and gets about 600 ft on a C6. That's pretty high for something that size on a C motor. It has flown 3 times, and is still in good shape, although I believe it may burst at its seams at any time.
It was fun, but now I try to keep a good stock of BT's.