My wife said we need to watch Jeopardy tonight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't be able to watch it. Please let me know what happens... I have my guesses on what it is but I won't say anything here until after the episode.

Any suggestion to watch Jeopardy on a particular night could only mean one thing, really. I saw a spoiler on Twitter in the middle of the day that kind of ticked me off, but I wouldn't have been watching it anyway (only see it when it's on in the background somewhere).

Are we allowed to talk about it now?

OK... Guys Spill... Is Alex retiring? I'm praying that his cancer is in remission.

I did a little googling... Understood... Still Praying for Alex's health.

He's obviously a very knowledgeable guy, but the thing that I thought was amazing was that nobody else had every thought of starting from the high-value questions before. If you get most of those and leave the other contestants with the pickings, you're almost assured of winning.

And yes, Alex Trebek is the second most cherished Canadian (behind The Great One), and I hope he beats the C and hosts for another 20 years.

Other people must have used the same strategy as there is a name for it (I don't remember it though). The Jeopardy people don't like it as it disrupts the flow of the categories where the questions start easy and get more difficult as the money increases. However, there are no rules against what he did.

Back