My Walmart adventure

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razoo

Reaction score
About a month ago I became a BAR. Went to the hobby shop and bought a beginners kit and some extra estes engines. ($8.69) for a pack of C6-5s.
After reading about good deals from Walmart on here I decided to spend last Saturday in search of the elusive deal!
1st stop , Walmart in Saratoga Springs, NY -no engines, went to Halfmoon-1 pack of B6-4 for $3. Off to Queensbury-many packs of C6-5, B4-4 and B6-4 all for $4.97 each. Bought 3 packs of each and was fairly happy until I went to the Walmart in Brunswick (outside of Troy).
Had a big box of C6-3 and C6-5s and the sign said $3 each.
Upon checkout the C6-3s were indeed $3 but the C6-5s were $1 (this is for a 3 pack with wadding, ignitors and plugs) !!! Needless to say I went back in a picked up a few more. There was quite a few left-so if anyone is in the area they might want to stop by and pick some up.
The best part is I convinced my wife that I now need a few more rockets to go along with all these engines.:D

About a month ago I became a BAR. Went to the hobby shop and bought a beginners kit and some extra estes engines. ($8.69) for a pack of C6-5s.
After reading about good deals from Walmart on here I decided to spend last Saturday in search of the elusive deal!
1st stop , Walmart in Saratoga Springs, NY -no engines, went to Halfmoon-1 pack of B6-4 for $3. Off to Queensbury-many packs of C6-5, B4-4 and B6-4 all for $4.97 each. Bought 3 packs of each and was fairly happy until I went to the Walmart in Brunswick (outside of Troy).
Had a big box of C6-3 and C6-5s and the sign said $3 each.
Upon checkout the C6-3s were indeed $3 but the C6-5s were $1 (this is for a 3 pack with wadding, ignitors and plugs) !!! Needless to say I went back in a picked up a few more. There was quite a few left-so if anyone is in the area they might want to stop by and pick some up.
The best part is I convinced my wife that I now need a few more rockets to go along with all these engines.:D

Welcome to the forum, and back to the fold!
Some good finds there, engine wise. Your wife is a very understanding lady!

Welcome back into the fold! I became a BAR myself about 2 years ago. On a whim I decided to bring my wife to the park and fly a couple of rockets that I'd retrieved from my parent's house, along with a decent stock of left over motors. She was impressed! She told me she didn't expect it to travel so fast or so high. The following weekend we repeated the performance along with my nephew. I then bought a couple of inexpensive kits (under $10) and built those. She seemed pleased that my new hobby wasn't too expensive. :rotflol: Now, 2 years later, she knows better. ;) Luckily, she stil enjoys going out with me now and then and she's a superb tracker.

Craig

Don't forget the 40% off coupons in the Sunday papers for Micheal's. It's real nice getting those 24 motor bulk packs for 27.00! [or kits cheap!]

Thanks for the welcome:).
My wife is very understanding of my hobbies. She and my kids (12 & 6) have been by my side for my other 2 money pits (R/C airplanes and R/C car racing).
I keep them involved with everything (building, flying,driving,painting etc)maybe thats the secret.
I didn't know Michaels sold estes stuff, I'll be looking for a coupon in Sundays paper.

Back