My SPECIAL THANKS thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
I really want to shout out the names of all the people who helped me get my F200 up twice this weekend. I'm sure I will forget someone, not that that person was not important, but in the same way I tell my wife I forgot to pick up bread on my way home after I promised twice that I would. :facepalm:

Scott Szympruch (you know what you did!)

Tom Cohen - for hauling me out to the away cells, plus all the knowledge I have absorbed from Tom's flights

Gus Piepenburg - for lending me a tracker on Saturday when I had left mine charging on the PC an hour away at home, and for trudging out there to recover on Saturday

Nate Lowrie - for recovery on Saturday

Peter ??? - I don't know Peter's last name, but also for help recovering on Saturday

Matt Fletcher - for help recovering on Friday

Matt Fletcher's mom! - for help recovering on Friday, and for being the one to spot the fin sticking up in the tall grass

The guy with the cool saucer who went out to help recover on Friday (didn't get your name, but thanks!)

Dave Weber and Fred Wallace - for RSOing me on Friday and Saturday respectively

Kevin Cobb - for all my great maiden flight pictures

Nathan Toucas - for help loading on the pad on Friday

I know other people helped at the pad on Saturday, but I am drawing a blank. Don't be shy to remind me and yell at me!

FLIGHT REPORTS:

No data to download, but Friday's flight on a baby M was to 2680 feet and landed about 800 feet away. All recovery deployed perfectly, buy I did eject a chute protector and rip a shroud line off my drogue.

Saturday's flight on a baby N went to 8500 feet and came down about a mile away. I used a beefier drogue (PML 60" with spill hole). That reminds me, I have to go pay Teddy!

A lot of good people in this hobby and they are always willing to lend a helping hand and answer questions. I think it's not so much the rockets we build as it is the people involved that make this hobby enjoyable. :)

"Hound Dog" here and, accounted for! Next time i will bring MORE trackers. It was a pleasure to meet you John! I will be back at a Red Glare (most likely next year) to see you folks again!

David Reese was right, MDRA is a great group with a beautiful field. Lots of good memories!

"Hound Dog" here and, accounted for! Next time i will bring MORE trackers. It was a pleasure to meet you John! I will be back at a Red Glare (most likely next year) to see you folks again!

David Reese was right, MDRA is a great group with a beautiful field. Lots of good memories!

I'll see about getting you a real bed, next time.

I really want to shout out the names of all the people who helped me get my F200 up twice this weekend. I'm sure I will forget someone, not that that person was not important, but in the same way I tell my wife I forgot to pick up bread on my way home after I promised twice that I would. :facepalm:

Scott Szympruch (you know what you did!)

Tom Cohen - for hauling me out to the away cells, plus all the knowledge I have absorbed from Tom's flights

Gus Piepenburg - for lending me a tracker on Saturday when I had left mine charging on the PC an hour away at home, and for trudging out there to recover on Saturday

Nate Lowrie - for recovery on Saturday

Peter ??? - I don't know Peter's last name, but also for help recovering on Saturday

Matt Fletcher - for help recovering on Friday

Matt Fletcher's mom! - for help recovering on Friday, and for being the one to spot the fin sticking up in the tall grass

The guy with the cool saucer who went out to help recover on Friday (didn't get your name, but thanks!)

Dave Weber and Fred Wallace - for RSOing me on Friday and Saturday respectively

Kevin Cobb - for all my great maiden flight pictures

Nathan Toucas - for help loading on the pad on Friday

I know other people helped at the pad on Saturday, but I am drawing a blank. Don't be shy to remind me and yell at me!

FLIGHT REPORTS:

No data to download, but Friday's flight on a baby M was to 2680 feet and landed about 800 feet away. All recovery deployed perfectly, buy I did eject a chute protector and rip a shroud line off my drogue.

Saturday's flight on a baby N went to 8500 feet and came down about a mile away. I used a beefier drogue (PML 60" with spill hole). That reminds me, I have to go pay Teddy!

The cool saucer (I am assuming it's the one you got the picture of) would have been Boris. Glad to hump that thing out for you with Gus. He taught me how to make rocket teepees on that trip...

The cool saucer (I am assuming it's the one you got the picture of) would have been Boris. Glad to hump that thing out for you with Gus. He taught me how to make rocket teepees on that trip...

Sounds like a topic of conversation for the May launch. :)

You are quite welcome, and thanks again for letting me go out with you to setup!! I really had a great time and it was great finally meeting you as well as watch this thing go up!! Even if Nathan cringed because there was no paint on it!! :) Very well done John! On both flights!

Back